Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Massive french fancy!

Options
  • 10-04-2009 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭

I just had to let people know about this discovery....I saw a full cake sized Mr Kipling's French Fancy in Dunnes last week. It was beautiful........the big lump in the middle and all. The pink icing was smooth as satin... I can't stop dreaming about it:o. On a diet though:(.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I saw those advertised but fear if I saw the real thing I would buy it and scoff the whole thing. A CAKE sized french fancy. Genius. I used always eat the strawberry ones and chocolate ones but leave the lemon for last. Poor lemon. :(
    (You could buy it and see what the world would be like for a giant eating a french fancy. Crazy, I bet.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I loved the lemon ones - then the pink - then the chocolate.
    My brother's friend's sister got the giant pink one for her birthday cuz he saw it over there ... mmm giant french fancy...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I bought a pink one today.. couldn't wait to get home. I'm just after having a slice...I'm sorry to say I'm a bit disappointed:(. It wasn't as nice as the mini ones are. The cream was very sweet, like on a kids' birthday cake, not the light stuff that's in the wee ones. The icing was thick and sort of chewy not the soft texture I'd expected. I thought I'd post my sad report in case I incited anyone into spending €10 on one (yup-€10:().

Aw. Thanks for destroying my dreams. :(
    Think I'll stick with the little 'uns so! Yum. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The small ones are very sweet, I can barely manage one, have to drink with lots of milk.

Remember the guy making the giant creme egg? http://www.pimpthatsnack.com/project.php?projectID=2

• Advertisement

Oh yuck, that looks disgusting. :eek:

Someone sent me an email on how to make a big one, with ingredients for the fondant stuff, using colouring for the yellow bit and paint for the wrapper. Mmmm! I could just sit with a spoon:o and slurp it all up. Then I'd be sick:(.

Typed "large french fancy" into google images, I didn't just get pictures of cakes!;)

3093177665_9dbfbb2522.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Good Karma

Wow, I absolutely adore french fancies and I was watching Saturday Kitchen (or the like) a couple of weeks ago and they did home made ones. Maderia Sponge, with some mascaponie cheese with icing sugar. Then melted chocolate with icing sugar. Really easy. You could put lemon essence in the mascaponie or make a green one and put mint. Or a light brown one and do coffee - or coffee & chocolate like a mocha french fancy (i'm just getting a bit too carried away now) the permutations are just endless! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Kooli

I know this is a really old thread, but I'm desperately looking for a giant french fancy!! Do these exist anymore? Has anyone seen one recently?

• Advertisement

I haven't noticed them about this while Kooli, they're not as nice as they look sadly.

They still exist, I have not seen them and they do not show on tesco.ie but they are in the UK in tesco & sainsburys

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/tesco-price-comparison/Cakes/Mr_Kipling_The_Big_Pink_French_Fancy_12_Servings.html

Advertisement