Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Hairdressers

Options
  • 10-04-2009 9:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Does anyone know of any hairdresser's that works from there own home doing hair in the sligo area and is not too expensive and good. Finding going to the salon very expensive.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭rio-rose

yes,

my cousin would go to houses she works in nateralls in sligo (sorry for spelling)
    shes very gud done my hair with high lights whole head and cost me 40 euro
    pm me for more details

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Would she do a full head of highlights for €40 for everyone or just for you as she is your sister and tend to charge less for family?

no bobcar
    shes my cousin, but i would say she do it for everyone for that price
    (i think) (i hope) now that ive said it but im sure she would
    extra bit of cash for her all the same

You probably shouldn't broadcast it too widely.

My friend gets her hair done by some girl Elaine but she wouldn't tell me where she works because it could land her in trouble because they are not meant to do home visits or so she said.

really, you think that once their out of the work place is should be sorta ok.

ah well no one knows me on this so they wont know which one from naterrella this person is

thanks for the tip :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 shel09

hi

just wondering can i get the number for your cousin looking to get my hair done and want to see when she is free

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Hi shel09,

I'm afraid rio-rose was site-banned earlier this year so she won't be able to reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

bobcar61 wrote: »
    You probably shouldn't broadcast it too widely.

My friend gets her hair done by some girl Elaine but she wouldn't tell me where she works because it could land her in trouble because they are not meant to do home visits or so she said.

It might be an insurance issue, never mind the taxman!

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Janine87

Hey,
    I was about to create a new topic when I saw this one!
    I want to go to the hairdresser either today or tomorrow!
    I was wondering which hairdresser you could recommend in Sligo! I want nothing special... just get my fringe cut and the ends of my hair! And it should be not that expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭trilo

I have to say the hairdressers in the shopping centre beside the cinema is really good. There is a girl in there i get to do my hair, she's European and has a few tatoos's on her wrist.
    They did a great job on my hair and my hair tends to be a mess.

• Advertisement

you mean downstairs near TK Maxx?

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭trilo

Yup downstairs near TK Maxx :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

Lydia Murrays is the one ye are refering to I think. I get mine done there too. I find them very good. It's the cheapest place in town for a simple cut and blow dry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

I get mine done in Head Hunters at the top of Mail Coach Road beside Christies - always get exactly what I want for a god price. My old house mate got a cut in Lydia Murrays and when she got home she realised the hair on one side was a good 2 inches shorter than on the other.

right if thats a case i prefer a more expensive hairdresser!

Janine87 wrote: »

Well I sent the friend with the lopsided hair to Head Hunters a couple of weeks ago to get it fixed and when she got out she said it was the first time she'd ever come out of a hairdressers completely happy with what they did. Which seems like a good report to me :)

Fozzle, I'd tell your friend to grow a backbone! If a hairdresser did that to my hair ( I have plenty of it but that's not the point!) I'd go after them and get another stylist in the place to fix it or get a refund or some free hair products off them or something.

Out of interest, was the person who did her hair there a foreigner?
    The girl I go to there is fantastic, is Irish, speaks full english, and does exactly what I tell her. i also bring in a picture of the style I want so she knows I'm not going for a choppy / lopsided look! :D

Madge wrote: »
    Fozzle, I'd tell your friend to grow a backbone! If a hairdresser did that to my hair ( I have plenty of it but that's not the point!) I'd go after them and get another stylist in the place to fix it or get a refund or some free hair products off them or something.

Out of interest, was the person who did her hair there a foreigner?
    The girl I go to there is fantastic, is Irish, speaks full english, and does exactly what I tell her. i also bring in a picture of the style I want so she knows I'm not going for a choppy / lopsided look! :D

Oh sure, I told her to go back down and say something, but since there was no way she was letting them near her hair again she decided there was no point. Not a notion who it was I'm afraid.

fozzle wrote: »
    Oh sure, I told her to go back down and say something, but since there was no way she was letting them near her hair again she decided there was no point. Not a notion who it was I'm afraid.

Still, I'm keeping my custom there. I think finding a good hairdressers is an individual thing you need to experience for yourself. Trial and error. I wouldn't let some hear say put me off when I've had nothing but a good experience there :)

ok where is the head hunters then?

• Advertisement

More expensive doesn't necessarily mean better. I wouldn't know too much on this subject as I just go to the nearest barber I'm at when I decide to get my haircut. I could be walking around town doing a few things and decide I need my haircut. I just go to the first place I come across.
    A few people in work have gone to Lydia Murray's place in Quayside, I haven't heard any bad reports from the place.

Maybe your friend Fozzle just got unlucky and maybe an inexperienced hairdresser.

ok where is the head hunters then?

If your going down Pearse Road from the Markevicz Park side, keep in the left lane which brings you in the direction of Mail Coach Road. Christies Petrol Station and Supermarket will be in front of you. As you go around the corner, Christies will be then on your right and Head Hunters is literally just after Christies on the right hand side, it's only small so quite easily missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Cheeky Munky

I went to Lydia Murrays with no appointment and was very happy with the result and service. In fact I'd go so far as to say its one of hte best haircuts I've had in a long time.
    I used to go to Headhunters when I was a kid and always came out with a bowl on the head haircut (I'm a girl so its not a good look lol)

Yeah, I think Headhunters are kind of old-fashioned, my sister went there and she said there was a lot of mature hair dressers and a good percentage of the clientele were elderly. Personally it's not a place I'd go to get my hair done. :)

i think i go for peter mark then! lol

Advertisement