Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low Iron

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭rantyface

Moonbaby wrote: »

How do you mean seeing spots?

Whenever my iron is low I feel slightly dizzy and I sometimes see purple spots when I stand up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

rantyface wrote: »
    Whenever my iron is low I feel slightly dizzy and I sometimes see purple spots when I stand up.

Sounds like low blood pressure to me, get it checked out may have nothing to do with iron stores!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭-lala-

Sounds like low blood pressure to me, get it checked out may have nothing to do with iron stores!

I agree with this - get your blood pressure checked, and be sure to drink lots and lots of water all the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Thoushaltnot

Guavas, papayas and kiwi fruit are all excellent sources of Vit C (as are good, old fashioned rosehips) - tropical salad with your iron/"meat" meal?
    However, exposure to sunlight or long term cold storage reduces Vit C content, as does cooking.
    When Vit C and Vit E are taken together, they boost each other's performance.

Warning for wimmins though, I have read that a high dose of vit C will reduce the effectiveness of the Pill. To counteract this, I'd have my "calcium" meal at Pill taking time and "iron" meal 12 hours later. That was 10 years ago and a quick check on the 'net seems to not disagree.

And for that other poster, humans have been eaing algae/seaweeds for centuries - see here;
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Algaculture

Advertisement