Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Ericisson

• 10-04-2009 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭

Hey anyone know when the new sony ericisson w705 is coming out or if it already is out.

Also, should I wait for the new w995 im thinking I should depending on the price.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Both phones will be released on 3. The w705 this month and the other in May.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Walkman wrote: »
    Both phones will be released on 3. The w705 this month and the other in May.

Where did you hear this about the w995, will it be locked and messed up with 3 software :(

Its apparently going to be released on the 14th of may for €490 sim free
    http://www.expansys.ie/p.aspx?i=179064

Which is a little steep for me but it is a high end phone with nearly every feature bar touch screen so ill be getting one :D

Richie6904 wrote: »
    Where did you hear this about the w995, will it be locked and messed up with 3 software :(

Its apparently going to be released on the 14th of may for €490 sim free
    http://www.expansys.ie/p.aspx?i=179064

Which is a little steep for me but it is a high end phone with nearly every feature bar touch screen so ill be getting one :D

I have a friend who works for them. Yes it will be locked and ar with all 3 phones it will have the 3 software on it to ensure skype, msn etc..all work correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

I have a friend who works for them. Yes it will be locked and ar with all 3 phones it will have the 3 software on it to ensure skype, msn etc..all work correctly.

Cheers for that how much would it be with three?..i want to stay with meteor though so I might just get the w705 if aint to pricey..im not a fan of touch screen phones so i'll be getting one of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Ugh the hassle of it all ah i would rather pay extra for the sim free than give 3 my money and have the 3 symbol all over the phone with their sw ruining a perfectly great phone which has perfectly good software as it stands.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Richie6904 wrote: »
    Ugh the hassle of it all ah i would rather pay extra for the sim free than give 3 my money and have the 3 symbol all over the phone with their sw ruining a perfectly great phone which has perfectly good software as it stands.
    Just de-brand and unlock it.

Bajingo wrote: »
    Cheers for that how much would it be with three?..i want to stay with meteor though so I might just get the w705 if aint to pricey..im not a fan of touch screen phones so i'll be getting one of these.

Sorry but he wont tell me the price as its not released yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Its already on the O2 online store. €219 PAYG.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

BostonB wrote: »
    Its already on the O2 online store. €219 PAYG.

That seems a bit steep when I could get the C902 for 30 euro's more...although I heard that has software issues...maybe I will just wait for the W995 (price dependent) and sure its nearly may.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,464 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

the sony ericsson w995 looks the business

I understand its released in May in ireland but will it be out sooner on ebay?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

That is very steep from 02. I was told in a 3store it'd be out in two weeks for €179 only €30 more than the 595.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Rip off Ireland, no other reason.

The build quality of recent SE phones has been poor. I'd wait to hold one before I'd buy one at this point.

Advertisement