Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

student overdraft

Options
  • 10-04-2009 11:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hi,

I'm in first year of university and I have a student plus account with AIB. I need about 600 euro in the next couple of weeks. I'm just wondering what the procedure is with applying for an overdraft? How likely is it that I'll be approved, given the "current economic climate"? I'll be working from late May/early June and should be able to repay the full amount in about 4-6 weeks from when I start work. Does anyone know how long it takes for applications to be processed?

Thanks for any help! I'm a bit clueless with all things banking. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I applied for a normal overdraft (i.e. not a student one). I rang telephone banking at lunch one weekday and they transferred me to relevant dept.

I had the overdraft lunchtime 2 days later.

Advertisement