Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Dying Bride

• 10-04-2009 11:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

Not a band I hear talked about too much here, but just picked up their latest last week. Haven't really given it much of a listen yet, but good god does this bring me back. My Dying Bride were probably one of the first of the heavier metal bands I got into back many years ago when I picked up Turn Loose The Swans. They were also one of the best bands I've seen live, their show in the TBMC was unbelievable, and I got to meet the band and get all my albums signed too. :D

Didn't get the previous album, but I'm thinking that I shall pick it up at some stage. I still love all the sickly sweet melodrama and gothic overtones of MDB, and I think Aaron still has one of the best distorted vocal styles.

Anyone else a fan?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

I got a loan of 'As the Flower Withers' I didnt listen to it because I wasnt in the mood.Gonna dig it out and give it a listen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Have you heard For Lies I sire? I think it's the best thing they have done in the last 10 years. It's great to have the Violin back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭Chaosangel

turn loose the swans is a great album,to be honest its the only album I ever got by them but was very impressed

Advertisement