Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Book Resources

• 11-04-2009 12:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

Just going through the list of web based resources that people have listed and what was missing from what I can tell are books. Personally, I hate reading websites where information can change rapidly if so desired. Therefore, there is nothing like reading directly from the horses mouth.

I propose that a list of actual books/reports/documents on particular topics be listed here. It would also be great if information on how to obtain the document or book be listed here. That way people, if they could be arsed, can go read this stuff for themselves.

To start this off, I highly recommend the following books and why:

1. The Anglo American Establishment - Carroll Quigley, ISBN: 0945001010 / 0-945001-01-0

2. Tragedy & Hope: A History of the World in Our Time - Carroll Quigley (ISBN: 094500110X / 0-945001-10-X)

These books, read in this order, reveal how the world is really run - by round tables and associations.

A quick bit of research into this authors life will show how well respected in higher circles this man was.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

I propose that a list of actual books/reports/documents on particular topics be listed here.
    I think this is a very good idea .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭jonbravo

Just going through the list of web based resources that people have listed and what was missing from what I can tell are books. Personally, I hate reading websites where information can change rapidly if so desired. Therefore, there is nothing like reading directly from the horses mouth.

I propose that a list of actual books/reports/documents on particular topics be listed here. It would also be great if information on how to obtain the document or book be listed here. That way people, if they could be arsed, can go read this stuff for themselves.

To start this off, I highly recommend the following books and why:

1. The Anglo American Establishment - Carroll Quigley, ISBN: 0945001010 / 0-945001-01-0

2. Tragedy & Hope: A History of the World in Our Time - Carroll Quigley (ISBN: 094500110X / 0-945001-10-X)

These books, read in this order, reveal how the world is really run - by round tables and associations.

A quick bit of research into this authors life will show how well respected in higher circles this man was.
    i'm 100% behind this idea.even if i wont read book 1 or 2 .
    but i get your idea.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭fictionaire

jonbravo wrote: »
    i'm 100% behind this idea.even if i wont read book 1 or 2 .
    but i get your idea.:)

Pity, book 2 is such an eye opener! It is a must for the skeptics among us. Although at over 1200 hundred pages it takes a bit of commitment to get through it and understand it. It Quigley about 20 years to write it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Pity, book 2 is such an eye opener! It is a must for the skeptics among us. Although at over 1200 hundred pages it takes a bit of commitment to get through it and understand it. It Quigley about 20 years to write it.

Looks like it's out of print? Haven't heard of it before, would have checked out a paperback ... is it far 'out there' if you catch my drift? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Sofa_King Good

This book The Naked Capitalist http://www.skousen2000.com/political%20products/capitalist.htm

by Cleon Skousen was based on the findings.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Sofa_King Good

I'd Reccomend "By way of Deception" By Mossad Whistleblower Victor Ostrovsky.
    http://search.barnesandnoble.com/By-Way-of-Deception/Victor-Ostrovsky/e/9780312926144

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Should this be merged with the "Resources" sticky?

Put differently...is there some reason that book resources should be treated differently?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

Depopulation of a planet - 1995 Report by Rick Martin
    Thinning out the 'Useless Eaters'
    An unspoken NWO agenda

This book is in their own words , there are lots of quotes by Aldous Huxley , George Orwell and others.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/3301991/The-Depopulation-of-a-Planet-1995
    http://d.scribd.com/docs/1forpacvdk3ikbb7w6yk.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭fictionaire

bonkey wrote: »

Put differently...is there some reason that book resources should be treated differently?

I reckon a separate area for books is needed. Books in themselves are a more valuable source of information as they are less subject to change when compared to sources on the internet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

bonkey wrote: »

I think you should take the useful contributions from this thread and put them into the sticky.

I'll add the Grand Chessboard from Zbigniew Brzezinski, the War of the World by Niall Ferguson and the New Penguin History of the World as worthwhile to people interested in Conspiracy Theories. Loads more, but I'll add them as they come to me. :)

Advertisement