Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Aran Islands

Options
  • 11-04-2009 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭

Howdy guys and gals,

I'm just looking for for general info, feedback, opinions etc on the Aran Islands. I'm thinking of visiting them for a week perhaps in Late July, early August. My reason for visiting being A. Experience some real(?) Irish culture B. See some scenery (which I believe it has plenty of) C. Maybe get some inspiration for some future work I have planned and D. Just to chill out for a week.

I'd be going by myself and I'm not a pubber/clubber so I dont need a big town or such to survive, once I have a bed and some food I'll be happy! :pac:

It'd be great to hear other peoples personal perspective of the islands, sites, accomodation, ammenities, prices etc etc. Is a week too long on such a small island? Is it pricey over there? etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I would suggest go from Doolin to Inisheer http://www.doolinferries.com/ and from there to Inishmore after a few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

is it very hard to take a car or a bicycle to the aran islands?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 realgem19

The doolin ferries link is very good. If you want to stay on Inisheer, find a place it fills up fast. I think you can take a bicycle extra charge I think.
    In good weather its lovely. Irish spoken there.

Advertisement