Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which jg to pick. Aug or G36C

Options
  • 11-04-2009 1:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Which gun should I pick. The aug gets 400fps but costs alot more and is more expensive the g36 is lighter and gets 350fps. Does the 50fps really make that much of a difference in games? also if anyone could tell me the weight difference between guns that would be increadibly helpful. Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

just to let you know if those fps rated are obtained using .2g bb's then both aeg's are in fact illegal! there is a posting on legal limits on here somewhere in the newbie section!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tonyj_mc

thermo wrote: »
    just to let you know if those fps rated are obtained using .2g bb's then both aeg's are in fact illegal! there is a posting on legal limits on here somewhere in the newbie section!!

Its the post above this one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 thekingwillwhip

uhh alright? are they selling illegal guns? because i am getting this fps on airsplat.com well could you tell me which you would rather get?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

not illegal there but here they are!! id go with the AUG though

why the aug i heard it weighs alot more? is this true

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 loneborg

A little oil on the waters

While discussion of Airsoft devices over 1 Joule is forbidden and reading the stickys is kinda a good idea.
    I suspect Airsplat is just quoting the muzzle velocities on the side of the boxes.

I have both AEGs and those are near enough the FPS on the boxes and as we know the AEGs are downgraded to a legal muzzle energy by reputable retailers before being sold (or is that before they enter the country, can't remember).

Both are widely available in the Republic and Irish retailers a obliged to ensure the AEGs are legal (Tip, only buy from reputable Airsoft retailers, they can be found elsewhere on these boards).

So, maybe a slight misunderstanding.

In other news; to answer the original question.

Not much between them really, both the JG AUG and G36C are good AEGs and shoot just under 1 Joule. I think the AUG is more accurate but the G36C feels lighter and more compact. Likely just a question of taste.

Damn, must type faster, started this 3 posts ago.

hm alright i guess i dont know what to choose. I could pay an extra 60$ for 50fps worth it or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

hm alright i guess i dont know what to choose. I could pay an extra 60$ for 50fps worth it or not?

Not. If you knowing import an overpowered airsoft gun into Ireland you are committing an offence. You must by law have the gun downgraded before dispatch other wise when customs seize it & test it, it will be destroyed.

Buy Irish, all reputable Irish retailers will insure the model that you purchase will be powered within the Irish 1 Joule rating, 328 Fps using a 0.20 g 6mm BB. You will have recieve a warranty as standard & you will be safe in the knowledge that your gun will be legal. :)

Recommended retailers can be found in the retailers section: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1117 & at http://irishairsoft.ie/ scroll down the list is on the right handside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

Which gun should I pick. The aug gets 400fps but costs alot more and is more expensive the g36 is lighter and gets 350fps. Does the 50fps really make that much of a difference in games? also if anyone could tell me the weight difference between guns that would be increadibly helpful. Thank you

In Ireland, your AEG will be 328fps with .2g bb. End of story. If you illegally import it without downgrading, it will be seized and you'll never see it. It will likely be seized anyway. If you are in Ireland, buy from a legitimate retailer.

You cannot discuss power levels higher than 328fps with .2g bb on this forum. I got your PM, but it remains that you cannot discuss this here, because to have an AEG with these power levels is illegal in Ireland.

Lastly, to answer the question you asked me and assuming you're not in the country and didn't read any of the rules here, I have both the JG G36C and the JG AUG A3, and they are both very good, but very different designs. If you are located in Ireland, try them both out, for example at Eirsoft which has both on display. The G36C is lighter and has mags that clip together, but has a much shorter barrel and for me is less accurate at range. The AUG is heavier, but I prefer a bullpup design, the longer barrel and smaller mags. Both equally good, but for different reasons.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Thread locked

READ THE CHARTER PEOPLE:mad:
    * There will be no discussion of airsoft greater than 1 joule.

- There will be no discussion on the importation or upgrade of airsoft to over 1 joule.
    - If you are posting from a country which has different laws concerning airsoft, you are still subject to this rule as boards.ie is an Irish website.
    Offenders will be either warned or banned. Dependant on the severity.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement