Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gamestop Top 300 games to trade in for €30

• 11-04-2009 4:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭

One of the lads on our forums just posted this. Havent seen it myself but looks like a decent offer. Have five on the list myself that I was thinking of trading. €150 credit would be sweet.

Not the biggest pic but names of games can be seen.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah its a good deal alright. I traded the Sega Megadrive Collection for €30 (which is great considering I bought it for €35)

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

The way the deal works is you get the 30e + if you trade in your games on the spot. You cant get the credit on a giftcard. Still a great deal though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

I Am Alive is on the list under Xbox, found that a bit strange considering it aint out till next year :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

which magazine is this in? bought a copy of zelda for 35 a few months ago to hack my wii and then sold on the wii without zelda, wouldnt mkind 30 euro for it but i wouldnt mind being able to quote where i found the offer incase they try and say they aint running it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

weeder wrote: »
    which magazine is this in? bought a copy of zelda for 35 a few months ago to hack my wii and then sold on the wii without zelda, wouldnt mkind 30 euro for it but i wouldnt mind being able to quote where i found the offer incase they try and say they aint running it

They had a big cardboard stand with the offer in the dun laoghaire store

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

They have a free April gamestop magazine in store - thats where bucks73's scan came from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

nevermind, went in and seen a big sign for it, 30 quid off cod5 nice one ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

Anyone know if they're open tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

Closed tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Does anyone know When this ends??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

The end of April :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

cool,is gamestop open tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭thealltimelow

i say thay are Went in there yesterday with 10 games got 300 euro for tham I was like a kid in a candy shop

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭hughes2558

i say thay are Went in there yesterday with 10 games got 300 euro for tham I was like a kid in a candy shop

300 cash or credit in the shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Someone answered it above. It's credit in the shop, so buy something else, you can't get get the credit on a gift card.

hughes2558 wrote: »
    300 cash or credit in the shop.

That guy is a notorious bull****ter who has been site-banned several times. Don't take any notice of what he says.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

That guy is a notorious bull****ter who has been site-banned several times. Don't take any notice of what he says.
    Thats a bit harsh, I read it as a question.

Actually, has anybody checked these in any f the other stores? Xtravision/Xtra Game or Game or that? Seeing as Gamestop are notoriously expensive anyway, your €30 would only be offset against their higher prices anyway.

yes 10 games = 300 euro and its credit in the shop
    got guiter hero world tour and 2 more games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭KarlNedCarew

Bought Prince of Persia in gamestop couple of months back for €25. Now they're gonna give €30 credit for it. Gotta love it:)

about time thare giving good money for games

• Advertisement

Thats a bit harsh, I read it as a question.

Actually, has anybody checked these in any f the other stores? Xtravision/Xtra Game or Game or that? Seeing as Gamestop are notoriously expensive anyway, your €30 would only be offset against their higher prices anyway.

Sorry, I was referring to thealltimelow and not the poster quoted.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Thanks OP,

traded in a bunch of old DS games i bought online over the years.....ended up with ~€400 shop credit, bought a ps3 with 3 games to give my xbox some competition :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I got 90 euro for gta,prince of persia and spiderman web of shadows:D nice one:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

bkrangle wrote: »
    Thanks OP,

traded in a bunch of old DS games i bought online over the years.....ended up with ~€400 shop credit, bought a ps3 with 3 games to give my xbox some competition :)

Thats what I plan on doing myself. :D

Will be getting Killzone 2 bundle and another game.

You can get sonic unleashed for sale in xtravision for 20 euros and sell it to game stop for 30 euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

whys fable 2 not on that list? would i get much for it?
    Iv got gta4 and fallout3 to trade in and got lost odyssey and fable 2 which i want to get enough to get a preowned ds which is 99€
    Anyone know how much lost odyssey and fable 2 would get me? they dont say the prices over the phone for some reason :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

Im gonna get rid of CoD5 and maybe gears 2. Both terrible terrible games

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

There are so many ways to abuse this offer, its not even funny. I was around town today and found so many games which you could buy for way less than 30 euro and then trade them in.

If you are looking to get an Xbox for 200, you could buy 7 different games for 22, 22, 20, 20, 20, 20 and 16 and trade them in for 210. Thats 140 for 210 credit..

I didn't do this by the way :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Are they all €30.

Annoyed that alot of them are CE editions when i have normal

Wouldnt mind shifting

Gears 2, GTA 4, Halo 3 and Redi 5, that game got 10 minutes of play then shelved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

FutureGuy wrote: »
    There are so many ways to abuse this offer, its not even funny. I was around town today and found so many games which you could buy for way less than 30 euro and then trade them in.

If you are looking to get an Xbox for 200, you could buy 7 different games for 22, 22, 20, 20, 20, 20 and 16 and trade them in for 210. Thats 140 for 210 credit..

I didn't do this by the way :)

Dude I wish I had 140 in cash! :(

Anyway, I'm gonna trade in GTA IV and Fallout 3 for Gears 2, and hopefully FIFA 09 second hand. Best deal ever :D

Advertisement