Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gamestop Top 300 games to trade in for €30

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

guys has anybody spotted any cheap games in other shops to trade in, i plan on getting a ps3, the only game i spotted was bully for the wii for 12.99.

just noticed argos are doing call of duty waw for wii 18.99.

can anybody add to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

just noticed argos are doing call of duty waw for wii 18.99.
    they have the same game for the ps2 as well for that price, so there's your third game. Hmv has Brothers in arms d-day and Rainbox 6 Vegas, both on psp as a 2 for €30 offer. there my friend is your fourth and fifth games. so far, that brings you up to €150 for 81 euro. not too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

Redlion wrote: »
    they have the same game for the ps2 as well for that price, so there's your third game. Hmv has Brothers in arms d-day and Rainbox 6 Vegas, both on psp as a 2 for €30 offer. there my friend is your fourth and fifth games. so far, that brings you up to €150 for 81 euro. not too bad

thanks dude ! big help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Thanks for the heads up OP, I don't have any games on the list (yet) as I'm stuck with the PS2 in the console world, but a few friends would have a sizeable amount of these games.

Now what to buy with the credit is the question...

Any conclusive winner in the X360 Vs. PS3 debate yet? Didn't think so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Surprised to see Ace Combat on that list. Is it a rare game? I got it in Smyths for €9.99 a while back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

What do people think is my best bet i have both PS3 and original 360 20gb HD i think. I think ill trade in a pile of my games plus i have 100 euro voucher for gamestop so i was going to do either ?

1. Trade in the games + Voucher for a new PS3 and try sell that at about cost price.
    2. Trade in games + voucher for an Elite sell that at about cost price.
    3. Trade in games plus my original 360 + voucher and get a elite and keep the elite ( my 360 has not given any trouble other than a few cant read disk errors )

The thinking behind it is if i upgrade my xbox it should last longer its well over 3 years old now and ive heard the cant read disk is the very start of the lazer going. I cant think of enough games to buy using the 100 euro voucher never mind if i trade in all my games too.

But is there any real difference between the Elite and the 360 i have that would make this deal make sense ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

But is there any real difference between the Elite and the 360 i have that would make this deal make sense ?

Depending on how old your xbox is - HDMI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

Depending on how old your xbox is - HDMI.

Its one of the first xbox's so 3+ years old. ( No HDMI )

Oh yea if any one knows how much they will give me for a old xbox360 and wireless adaptor ?

Went to HMV henry st just there at lunchtime and got:

42 alltime classics + Star wars the complete saga (both NDS - 2 for €40)
    Ferrari challenge (PS3) and PofP: Rival Swords (wii) also 2 for €40
    Bully: Sch. Ed. for wii for €12.99

all 5 games brand new

Total cost: €92.99
    total credit: €150

What a deal. Even if you were going in to buy a new game for say €50, you could buy Bully for 13 quid, walk 20 yds and trade in with €20 cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

viva pinata wii, 9.99 extra vision, de blob 20 euro extra vision,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

thanks to both hmv and gamestop, i got a new edition of ghost recon 2 legacy edition for only 13 quid :D

was in earlier and i spotted C&C RA3 for 25 quid on the used shelf :pac:

so looking back

traded in the indy/kung fu panda bundle for 8 euro and got de blob and viva pinata for 20 quid (30 altogether)

went to gamestop and bought the wireless entertainment pack for 70 quid (now spent 40)

was offered 30 euro back for my old hdd in credit or 25 cash
    so overall when i go back with my hard disk ill have spent a tenner on a 70 euro item, bloody lovely job lads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Traded in R6V & BIA: DD for the PSP and Bully for the Wii and got €90 store credit, spent €45 there and then and got €45 on a gift card. Was also offer a €70 cash alternative..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

mise wrote: »
    Traded in R6V & BIA: DD for the PSP and Bully for the Wii and got €90 store credit, spent €45 there and then and got €45 on a gift card. Was also offer a €70 cash alternative..
    Wait, what? I thought they were only doing on the spot trade-ins, no cash/giftcards? Which GameStop did you go to?

ive been offered cash and gifts also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Are the giftcards the plastic credit card types that you can top-up?

*Hatches MacGyver like plan involving 30 copies of Bully, a giftcard, a shoelace, and a piece of gum* ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,329 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Are the giftcards the plastic credit card types that you can top-up?

*Hatches MacGyver like plan involving 30 copies of Bully, a giftcard, a shoelace, and a piece of gum* ;)

no multiple trade ins of the same game. I hope you can get it on a gift card though... that will sort me out for about 7 or 8 new releases

does anyone know if there are many copies of Bully in HMV Henry St left?

If they could put it on a gift card it'll be sweet.

I picked up 13 games on the list today for €153, 11 of which are brand new.

Thats €390 in credit.

Hopefully I'll have as much luck tomorrow, have a feeling I'll be getting a few strange looks as I keep flicking through the list. Although I think I know it off by heart at this stage.

I love this deal.

Here's some soft buys:
    Bratz Wii : ~€13 Including delivery, the seller has tonnes of copies so you'll definitely get 1.

Warhammer PSP : ~€15 including delivery, buy it now style auction.

I'll let ye know if I find anymore :)

Keep forgetting to print the list

can you pick it up in gamestop?

Gamestop up north doing the same offer ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I wonder will Gamestop put a halt on this offer, so easy to exploit!

creggy wrote: »
    I wonder will Gamestop put a halt on this offer, so easy to exploit!
    Who knows, they'll have some job trying to shift all them games so they will :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Who knows, they'll have some job trying to shift all them games so they will :D

And wondering why so many people have Sonic Unleashed and Bully still in the plastic. :D

well they can't back out now it's advertised til the end of April

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Wait, what? I thought they were only doing on the spot trade-ins, no cash/giftcards? Which GameStop did you go to?

I thought that too, but I just gave him the games and he said I could pick out something now and anything I didnt spend he could put on a gift card, or just give me €90 credit or €70 cash.. was quite surprised.

This was in Gamestop Stephens Green

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

i traded fear 2 on the ps3 last week for 25 cash (he offered 30 credit first) in
    liffey st branch. Never saw a mention of the offer

I reckon they might start doing a bundle of Console + X preowned games for €X, if they haven't already?

Liam O wrote: »
    does anyone know if there are many copies of Bully in HMV Henry St left?

Loads when i was there yesterday lunchtime.
    Liam O wrote: »
    Keep forgetting to print the list

can you pick it up in gamestop?

You can. They have it plastered to a wall at about A3 size, but when i went in (Henry St. branch) they didn't seem to have any hard copies lying around. They did have a bundle of magazines bound together in a pile on the floor on the left just as you go in the door.

I took two copies and was gonna tell your man that he should put them on display but my inside voice told me to hold off until i trade in all my stuff today.

I'm gonna trade in:

Wii
    2 x remotes
    2 x nunchuks
    2 x mario kart steering wheels
    32mb wii memory card
    Wii Component cable

and the following games

Ferrari challenge (PS3)
    42 alltime classics + Star wars the complete saga (both NDS)
    Prince of Persia: RS, Bully, Metroid Prime 3, Mario Kart, Wii Play, PES 2008, (all for the wii)
    GTA 4, Timeshift, NFS Undercover, R6V2 (Xbox360).

That's 7 from the list plus 6 that aren't on it and they said they'd give me at least €170 for the console. Killzone 2 bundle for the PS3 = €400 so happy days.

Well if you can get it on a gift card I'll be buying 3 copies of Bully for all of the gamestops in town, and how many days are left in April :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭davenewt

Be aware that the small print says "titles may be substituted without notice".

Just got myself 90 credit for 3 games anyway, so I'm a happy camper. Also traded in Halo 3 for 3.50, bargain :)

Advertisement