Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gamestop Top 300 games to trade in for €30

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Picked up 3 for €40 in xtra today, they have buy 2 get 1 free deal on atm which is great.

They've taken down the notice completely in Galway (although it was only a barely noticeable A4 leaflet)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

B00MSTICK wrote: »
    Here's some soft buys:
    Bratz Wii : ~€13 Including delivery, the seller has tonnes of copies so you'll definitely get 1.

Same price in hmv.

mgsrocks wrote:
    Same price in hmv.

Good call

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Stylesclash1702

i bought a r4 card for the ds and traded in six ds games that i payed about 40 euro on for 180 euro
    bought legends of wrestlemania(xbox), hawx(xbox) and dual shock playstation 3 controller and had credit left over.
    the next day i traded in my old playstation controller i got with the playstation and than got Eat lead so i think i did well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Traded Sonic Riders Zero G + Destroy All Humans (Wii) and Layton, Lego Batman, My Sims Kingdom and Wario Master of Disguise for €180 credit (Games cost roughly €70)

Got Condemned 1+2, DMC 4, COD 4, Battlestations Midway and F.E.A.R and still have €85 credit, what a wonderful day! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Sweet I'm gonna trade in my copy of The Force Unleashed, only cost me like €22 when I bought it. Now to pick a game I want to get thats out at the moment...humm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

i got me a ps3 today thanks the offer.

i had 5 gives my self which i got 150 trade.

then i went into hmv today & got bully for he wii 3 times @12.99 each

they also had a special on psp games, 2 for 30.

i bought band of brothers and rainbow 6. 3 times each.

My games 150, games bought in hmv & traded 270

150+270= ps3+kilzone & resistance 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

The T&C for the offer say no more than 1 copy of a game, just wanted to post that in case others do the same, walk into the shop and are told they can't trade in multiple copies of the same game. Might depend on the store if they notice/care or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,329 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Yeah but you can just walk to a different Gamestop. There's 3 in town and 2 are around the corner from each other. I don't know what to buy but I have plenty of the games.

Btw has anyone found anymore cheap games to trade in besides Bully and Bratz

i went in 3 different times and the 3rd time the boys were laughing when i was walking towards them .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

Liam O wrote: »
    Btw has anyone found anymore cheap games to trade in besides Bully and Bratz

Viva pinata on the ds is €10 in xtravision if you find a branch with it instock. Malahide had one on the shelf as of yesterday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Zavvi online has Bioshock (PS3) for £9.95
    http://www.zavvi.co.uk/zavvi/9987045.product

Tesco entertainment has Zack + Wiki (Wii) for £10
    http://www.tescoentertainment.com/tesco/10000328.product

Tesco also allegedly have fallout 3 (PS3) instore for €15 in some branches

If the offer does run till the end of April the online ones should arrive on time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

A bit off topic but does anyone know how much gamestop charge for MS points

Might use this offer to get them on the cheap :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Traded in a bunch of games I no longer play for the Wii/DS/360 and got €188 for them. Added a euro and got myself a new Jasper 360 arcade, because my old pro was on its last legs, disk read errors all over the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I did a bit of buying today to get myself a 360 for as cheap as i can

Tesco Athlone did not have Fallout 3 (which is apparently €15)

Xtravision:

Cooking Mama 2 [DS - preowned] €20 (realised when i got home that it is american, if Gamestop dont take it I'll be returning it to xtravision and demanding my money back!)

Devil May Cry 4 [PS3 - preowned] €20

Sonic Unleashed [wii - new] 2 for €40

Tak and the Guardians of Gross [wii - new] 2 for €40

so €80 for €120 worth of stuff.

Games i already own:

I also have GH3 on the wii (i bought two for two guitars, havent played two player in about year i'd say!)

GTA4 on the Ps3, im pretty bored of this!

Games im might still buy:

COD WAW on the ps2 is 18.99 in argos.

And If i can get my friend in galway to buy them

Bully and bratz from hmv!

How much is for a 360 in Gamestop?

By the above post i see its €189 for a Arcade, how much extra for the pro?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,329 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

i went in 3 different times and the 3rd time the boys were laughing when i was walking towards them .

Yeah I walked round to Liffey St. To save the embarassment. I bought 1 originally in HMV and went back and bought 2 more, walked around the corner fixing up 1 of the copies i.e. Take off the price etc. But I accidentally handed in the one with the price etc. Still on and yer man in Liffey St. gave me one of those looks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

ciano1 wrote: »
    A bit off topic but does anyone know how much gamestop charge for MS points

Might use this offer to get them on the cheap :D
    they charge 26.99 for 2100 points

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Undead

bully for wii 12.99, psp 2 for 30 brothers in arms and rainbow six vegas all in hmv, 42 euro...

60GB 360 hard drive for 70 euro, 20 euro credit on a gift card.

all in all a good productive sunny day in town :)

Bully on wii was €20 in HMV in galway :(

Loads of €12.99 Bratz though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Bully on wii was €20 in HMV in galway :(
    I was in HMV in Swords today and they had a load of copies for €26 or 2 for €40. After searching around, I managed to find 2 copies at €12.99. Got Bratz too. The girl in GameStop questioned why I owned such a game :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

asked what they were giving for bully on the wii in henry street today and was told you get only 17 euro store credit. also noted that all advertisements for the 300 games were taken down. from the looks of it, gamestop pulled the plug on this offer before the end of april. hopefully the cashier misunderstood me

Oh god

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

They were taking them all day in Limerick. Have some games that I will get rid of tomorrow morning just in case.

They were taking them today in Dublin (Clare Hall)

Though I wouldn't be surprised if Bully was taken off the list, they've probably gotten hundreds of preowned copies of that now!

i abused the offer big time it makes up for the years ofbeing ripped off with there dodgy trade in prices.

i have a spanking new ps3 thanks to the offer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭Murilloinf

so did I, got a new x-box elite for 120€... hopefully bully still on the game tomorrow...

Is anyone else thinking they might be able to make a profit by just trading games they buy online?

I've picked up GTA China Wars new for €12.50, its retailing for the £25 mark on play.com so I'm guessing €15-€20 trade in value?

Same with Mystery Case Files: MillionHeir (£25), Mario Kart (£25) and Professor Layton and the Curious Village (£30) etc.

B00MSTICK wrote: »
    Is anyone else thinking they might be able to make a profit by just trading games they buy online?

I've picked up GTA China Wars new for €12.50, its retailing for the £25 mark on play.com so I'm guessing €15-€20 trade in value?

Same with Mystery Case Files: MillionHeir (£25), Mario Kart (£25) and Professor Layton and the Curious Village (£30) etc.

GTA:CW currently has a trade in value of €30 in gamestop as do all the other games you mention

€12.50 seems incredibly cheap for it though, are you sure its not a fake/copy?

bkrangle wrote:
    GTA:CW currently has a trade in value of €30 in gamestop as do all the other games you mention

I actually meant even when the top 300 for 30 deal is over but obviously I'll trade em in as soon as I can.
    bkrangle wrote:
    €12.50 seems incredibly cheap for it though, are you sure its not a fake/copy?

Well I've just gotten 2 this morning, but I won them in a standard auction and the seller was from dublin, the game looks legit and all the instructions/box etc. are in english, although I reckon the game originated from Germany.

I have one coming in from HK so I reckon that could be dodgy but the seller has a great feedback rating so I'll risk it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭minty16

Want to get rid of PGR 4, and GTA 4, any body have a rough idea how much trade in value on those?

Advertisement