Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gamestop Top 300 games to trade in for €30

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

GTA IV €30 if the offer is still on, PGR very little, they're selling it pre played at €15 or €20 as far as I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

I think PGR4 gets 13 euro traded in Game. Thats what it was in the last magazine they had out anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,452 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

what the hell are gamestop doing? madworld is now 25 euro new in gamestop and trades in for 30. it makes no business sense at all! fantastic! got myself a mint 2nd hand phat ds with GTA new and 12 credit for 3 traded in games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭mcw92

does anyone know if gamestop in sligo are currently running this deal.?
    i might go in this weeken dand but some games in xtra-vision for cheap and trade-in in gamestop:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    what the hell are gamestop doing? madworld is now 25 euro new in gamestop and trades in for 30. it makes no business sense at all! fantastic! got myself a mint 2nd hand phat ds with GTA new and 12 credit for 3 traded in games.
    Second hand games are 100% profit for them. I read that about 50% of the cost of a new game (€60) goes to the retailer, and the other 50% is split up between the publisher, developer, manufacturing etc. (the the dev getting pittance :(). With second hand games, they don't have to share with anyone else, and the money stays in the store.

It's a pretty good ploy tbh. It looks fantastic to consumers, and I'm sure it has attracted many new people to their store. Instead of trading in with XV or GAME or Smyths, people (especially here) have gone to GameStop instead as they're guaranteed at least €30.

• Advertisement

Second hand games are 100% profit for them. I read that about 50% of the cost of a new game (€60) goes to the retailer, and the other 50% is split up between the publisher, developer, manufacturing etc. (the the dev getting pittance :(). With second hand games, they don't have to share with anyone else, and the money stays in the store.

It's a pretty good ploy tbh. It looks fantastic to consumers, and I'm sure it has attracted many new people to their store. Instead of trading in with XV or GAME or Smyths, people (especially here) have gone to GameStop instead as they're guaranteed at least €30.

Plus when you consider the fact that for the most part GameStop charge more when selling pre played there is no real loss on their part.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Gonna Trade In My Resistance 2 So ;)
    Do Yous Think I Will Get Over 30 Euro?
    Not A Single Scratch On The Disk?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

They are also much more expensive on the average item than competitors

I believe a new 360 Arcade is €189 according to a previous post in this thread, same console is €150 in HMV.

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Gonna Trade In My Resistance 2 So ;)
    Do Yous Think I Will Get Over 30 Euro?
    Not A Single Scratch On The Disk?

Doesn't matter, even if it was still in the plastic wrap trade in prices are fixed. It's on the list though so it should still be worth at least €30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

popped in today with a pile of games on the list and a few others knocking around the room. Got myself an xbox elite with res evil 5 and extra controller, left 4 dead and the wireless keypad thing for the PS3 controller and it cost me 90 cent !!!:D

All my own games i didnt go around buying up any ( not that i frown apon it i just had enough all ready ) but they even had games in the shop for 24.99 that was on the 30 euro list !! it would be cheeky to go up buy it says thanks then hand it back and say you want 30 euro for it :D.

Now i have an old xbox 360 with wireless adaptor and 2 controllers that i can trade in for at least 180 got a few more 30 euro games that im tempted to trade it all in for another elite before the xbox i have dies. 2 elites i know but i could then sell one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Damn, just seen this today.

Wouldn't mind trying to get a cheap PS3 for blu-ray.

Gotta make me a shopping list cos I only have 2/3 of those games so far...

Anyone know how much Far Cry 2 (360 version)gets?
    Not much I'd imagine as it's pretty crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

i got me a ps3 today thanks the offer.

i had 5 gives my self which i got 150 trade.

then i went into hmv today & got bully for he wii 3 times @12.99 each

they also had a special on psp games, 2 for 30.

i bought band of brothers and rainbow 6. 3 times each.

My games 150, games bought in hmv & traded 270

150+270= ps3+kilzone & resistance 2

Looking for a bit of advice here man if you can help please!?

Did you get a new giftcard for each store you went to and just go in with 3 of them at the end?
    Seen earlier you mentioned you had COD4, was it the CE version or just the normal one?
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

Redlion wrote: »
    asked what they were giving for bully on the wii in henry street today and was told you get only 17 euro store credit. also noted that all advertisements for the 300 games were taken down. from the looks of it, gamestop pulled the plug on this offer before the end of april. hopefully the cashier misunderstood me

I traded in a copy of bully in the liffey street branch today for €30 credit. No signs up anymore but its still in the system.

mgsrocks wrote: »
    I traded in a copy of bully in the liffey street branch today for €30 credit. No signs up anymore but its still in the system.

I did the exact same thing, was in there with my wii and the last few games i had. All in all got €399 for everything i have listed in my earlier post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,452 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

i understand that, but who is going to buy a second hand copy for 30 when its already 25 euro new? the loss has to come somewhere

They crank it back up to €40 or €50 after this promotion and suddenly the €35 - €45 they charge for it pre played looks like a bargain!

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    i understand that, but who is going to buy a second hand copy for 30 when its already 25 euro new? the loss has to come somewhere

There are a few cases where you would have to question the wisdom of certain titles on the list - the infamous Bully as example :D but in general most of the games will be sold for at least the €30.00 trade in given.

If they are sold for less bear in mind that more than likely the trade in credit will be used to fund a purchase of a game that they will make more profit on than the loss incurred so in the greater scheme of things they will not come out with a loss.

From that list I'd say there are about 20 titles that will end up loss making but there are 280 that won't. It's a clever offer that will ultimately be a success for them but I suspect that they regret putting bully and bioshock in particular on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

What is the CE Edition of Call of Duty 4 ? I have the XBOX 360 version (standard retail version that originally came out), I take it I won't get 30 euro for that ?

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    What is the CE Edition of Call of Duty 4 ? I have the XBOX 360 version (standard retail version that originally came out), I take it I won't get 30 euro for that ?

I'd say they mean the Game of the Year edition that contains the extra map pack. Silly though, retails the same as the normal one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

niallon wrote: »
    I'd say they mean the Game of the Year edition that contains the extra map pack. Silly though, retails the same as the normal one.
    no the collectors edition came out the same time as the original version, i believe. here's a pic
    331690ps_500h.jpg

• Advertisement

Ah, that makes a bit more sense then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

I have about 7 of these games to trade, anyone know how much the Xbox 360 60GB HD upgrade is going for in Gamestop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

The 60gb console is about 230 and the elite is about 300

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭minty16

niallon wrote: »
    GTA IV €30 if the offer is still on, PGR very little, they're selling it pre played at €15 or €20 as far as I know.

Where will I get this 30 quid ?

minty16 wrote: »
    Where will I get this 30 quid ?

Any Gamestop...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭red_fox

Are the 60gb now likely to be Jaspers, I know with the arcade it's almost a sure thing but did anyone here get a 60gb Jasper?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Sweet I think I've got about 12 of those games, I may try to see if I can find any of the others too ;)

How much is are the PS3's in there?
    Is there anything else worth getting?
    (I've got a 360/Wii/PSP/DS already....though don't get time to play them much)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Rockband kit is €79.99 i think, the game is €30, so that might be worth looking at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭red_fox

Maybe it was posted before but here is the list, sorry about that quality.

Nevermind, a typed list was here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59824693&postcount=50

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭mcw92

so is this offer still goin in all gamestops?
    i might head in sunday with a couple of games.:D...anyone know if they open sunday???

Advertisement