Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gamestop Top 300 games to trade in for €30

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

12 - 6 but it might be worth double checking your local store on their website. Can anyone confirm what the story was with Henry Street taking down the signs and stuff? Is it definitely still running?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

I phoned them to ask and they said that they dont see this offer ending prematurely. I hope it lasts till monday anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Lads they had the sign (only A4 size) in Galway for a few days only. I went in there last week and there was nothing about it only the printed copies of the list on the counter.

Gamestop aren't stupid, I'm sure they have some angle here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Just brought a load of games in to gamestop there
    I had 11 of the 300 for €30 :)
    Plus another bunch of regular trade-ins which brought the total to €403 :)
    I got a premium 360 with COD for 240, then an €30 entertainment pack (1 controller, burnout paridise ultimate ed, trivial pursuit, connect4), halo3, gears, gears2, 2 plug&charge kits & a €20 gift card :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

has anyone traded in ds games? will i still get the 30 for them?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭thealltimelow

i got with 240 euro
    ghwt with guitar
    rockband 2
    2100 points
    the new sonic on the wii
    rockband drums
    secert agent clank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

smk89 wrote: »
    has anyone traded in ds games? will i still get the 30 for them?

As long as they're on the list, and they're still running the offer, I don't see why not.

Granted it was nearly 2 weeks ago at this stage, but I traded in 5 DS games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

Offer is running for April so you have a few more days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I went into HMV and bought Brothers in Arms and Rainbow 6 on the PSP for 30 euro in the 2 for 30 section and saw that they also had a preowned copy of Star Trek Tactics for 10 euro :D
    Traded the 3 in gamestop for 90 credit whohooo ..thanks OP i picked up Far Cry 2, 2 Blue Rays and a Saitek Joystick for 40 euro hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Just after trading in 3 old games for €90 on a gift card in the store in Bray.

Will pick up a few cheap games from the list in HMV tomorrow and get myself a nice new DSi courtesy of Gamestop's generous offer!!! :)

• Advertisement

Just heard from a mate that though they don't say it on the leaflet, they are looking for the headset with Socom incase anyone has it to trade. It's only worth €16 on its own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

does anyone know what deal they're offering the moment on trading a regular 360 in for an elite?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

the corpo wrote: »
    does anyone know what deal they're offering the moment on trading a regular 360 in for an elite?

It was an extra €200 (with a pro console) for me a while ago so its propable still around that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Quick tip for anyone heading north soon. Check the list and check the two games for £30 deals. Gonna get a PS3 over the weekend for a little over €200. :D

Another great deal today, this time up north, they're giving £30 :D

Went up with a mate, he was looking to get a PS3 and ended up getting a great deal. He went into Game first and spent £120, that got 8 games as they were all 2 for £30 and he had four of his own.

Got £360 for all 12 and he got a PS3 deal at £359, PS3 with Killzone, GTA4, Fifa 09 and Far Cry. Same deal here in Gamestop in the south is near €500.

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Another great deal today, this time up north, they're giving £30 :D

Went up with a mate, he was looking to get a PS3 and ended up getting a great deal. He went into Game first and spent £120, that got 8 games as they were all 2 for £30 and he had four of his own.

Got £360 for all 12 and he got a PS3 deal at £359, PS3 with Killzone, GTA4, Fifa 09 and Far Cry. Same deal here in Gamestop in the south is near €500.

They're offering 30pound for the same games?! No way!

They are indeed :D, we done our patriotic duty and went north :p

I honestly thought it would be less, so it turns out your better going north as you get more for your trade ins and the console deals are better value too.

Check out www.argos.co.uk as they are selling some games on the list for £14.49, ie. DS Lego Batman, DS Star Wars: The Complete Saga etc...

They are indeed :D, we done our patriotic duty and went north :p

I honestly thought it would be less, so it turns out your better going north as you get more for your trade ins and the console deals are better value too.

Check out www.argos.co.uk as they are selling some games on the list for £14.49, ie. DS Lego Batman, DS Star Wars: The Complete Saga etc...

Argos have a load of games on the list for 2 for £30 as well. So I'll just have to go from one end of the Quays to the other. :D :P I was going to buy the games in the north and then rip off gamestop down here, so it's more patriotic to rip off the branch up north I reckon. :D :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

Anyone know what it says for the guitar hero 3: something bundle for xbox 360

LOR (Legends Of Rock) Bundle

• Advertisement

hellboy was there much choice in the bundles available in Newry?

The Buzz game for PS2 and buzzers.
    Does it matter if the buzzers are not boxed and are tangled up to ****?

amacachi wrote: »
    hellboy was there much choice in the bundles available in Newry?
    Good few bundles on offer, seem to be more than down here. Only looked at the PS3 deals really and the Xbox ones I can't remember. The one my mate got you get GT4, Fifa 09 & FarCry, not too sure if they'll let you change the games. I think they have a deal too were you can get a PS3 with Killzone and a choice of any two pre-owned games for £325.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    It has to be used straight away, but you can use it to get a console or anything in store.

Is this in every shop or just some shops.

So i cant just get store credit and wait for UFC 09 to come out?

Good few bundles on offer, seem to be more than down here. Only looked at the PS3 deals really and the Xbox ones I can't remember. The one my mate got you get GT4, Fifa 09 & FarCry, not too sure if they'll let you change the games. I think they have a deal too were you can get a PS3 with Killzone and a choice of any two pre-owned games for £325.

Hoping for one with GT5 Prologue. Though the 325 bundle sounds good. Thanks for info, I'll report back tomorrow. :D :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Just back from gamestop :D

Bought €106 worth of games in xtravision and HMV, and traded a few of my own.

got a Premium 360 for €240+ a free game, but it gets better.

I asked about getting an extra controller and was told resident evil 5 comes with one free and i could get that as my game, it gets better

i was then told i could trade in Resi 5 and use that €30 as payment towards the console! So I have a premium 360, two controllers and a €50 voucher for gamestop!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Traded in Saints Row 2 and Wanted towards Riddick and 18 towards Wolverine next week. Nice :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Traded in Midnight Club:LA and got C&C Red Alert 3 and LOTR BFME 2 for €5 - my eyes are gonna bleed this weekend!

Traded in

- Buzz sports quiz with buzzers (PS2)
    - Guitar Hero LOR Bundle (Xbox)
    - Nintendogs Daschund* (NDS)

Games i dont play and got 90 euro all on a gift card to use when Wolverine or UFC 09 comes out. Gamestop Charlestown.

Might make another stop again before may :)

*May or may not be spelled correctly

• Advertisement

Apparently this offer is going to resurface during the summer but I would warn that I heard this on "friend of a friend" info. Reliable friends though...

Advertisement