Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gamestop Top 300 games to trade in for €30

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Took advantage of this offer, spent around €150 on games in hmv, game (and perhaps most lolworthy) gamestop's second hand section also. Got me a 360 with 3 games and 2 controllers...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Got €150 credit on a gift card for trading in Madworld (good game just got really repetitive) and went into HMV and bought Rainbox 6 and Brothers in Arms twice and traded em in, 120 credit for 60 quid, not too shabby, gonna hang onto that and get a PS3 out of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

I bought 10 games used on amazon for €100 altogether and traded them in for €300 and got an xbox elite with a game and controller

i love breaking the system soo much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

Got rid of CLubhouse Games and Order of Ecclesia today, and did the exact same thing as krudler (well, just the once)
    krudler wrote: »
    ...went into HMV and bought Rainbox 6 and Brothers in Arms twice and traded em in

€120 happy days :D. Will hold out for the next round of triple-A titles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Bought 10 games in Argos in Newry for £150, down the other end of the shopping centre and traded 6 of them in for £180. Then traded the other 4 in in Dundalk. That gave me £284.60 credit.

So including a bus fare I got a PS3 with Killzone 2 and Little Big Planet for about €190, so I'm a happy camper. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Does anyone have any idea how much they're giving for GH3 with guitar (360)? I'm assuming that it's a bit more than 30 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭thealltimelow

Does anyone have any idea how much they're giving for GH3 with guitar (360)? I'm assuming that it's a bit more than 30 euro.
    nope its 30 euro thats what i got for it

amacachi wrote: »
    Bought 10 games in Argos in Newry for £150, down the other end of the shopping centre and traded 6 of them in for £180. Then traded the other 4 in in Dundalk. That gave me £284.60 credit.

So including a bus fare I got a PS3 with Killzone 2 and Little Big Planet for about €190, so I'm a happy camper. :D
    Glad to hear you got sorted out, have fun with your PS3 :)

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Glad to hear you got sorted out, have fun with your PS3 :)

I shall. :D Thanks again for the headsup. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Real Slim Shady

I traded in four games for €120 and got a DSi, GTA C.W. and a 4gb memory card for €94. They had an offer of the DSi, any game and a 1gb card but they had no 1gb cards left when i went in so it was €4.99 extra for a 4gb card.

When i traded them in i got the credit on a gift card because the DSi was out of stock.

Still a few days left and i have another few games on the list, i might take another trip to gamestop this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Going to take a trip down to Grafton St. at lunch time. Anyone got any tips for games to get on this offer for trade in? HMV, Argos etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Going to take a trip down to Grafton St. at lunch time. Anyone got any tips for games to get on this offer for trade in? HMV, Argos etc.
    Well, from reading back through the thread...

Xtravision - Viva Pinata - DS - €10 (Hard to find)
    HMV - Bully - Wii - €12.99
    HMV - Bratz: The Movie - Wii - €12.99
    HMV - Brothers in Arms + Rainbow 6 Vegas - PSP - 2 for €30
    Tesco - Fallout 3 - PS3 - €15 (Hard to find)
    HMV - 42 All-Time Classics + Lego Star Wars Complete Saga - DS - 2 for €40
    HMV - Ferrari Challenge + Lego Wars Complete Saga - PS3 / Wii - 2 for €40
    Xtravision - Sonic Unleashed - Multi - €19.99
    Xtravision - de Blob - Wii - €19.99
    Argos - MySims Kingdom - DS €19.99 (566/6267)
    Argos - Lego Batman - DS + Wii - €24.99 (566/0531 + 566/0500)

Misc
    Harvey Norman (Blanch) - Rainbow 6 Vegas - PSP - €9.99 (in bins)
    HMV - Prince of Persia: Rival Swords - Wii - 2 for €40

Well, from reading back through the thread...

Xtravision - Viva Pinata - DS - €10 (Hard to find)
    HMV - Bully - Wii - €12.99
    HMV - Bratz: The Movie - Wii - €12.99
    HMV - Brothers in Arms + Rainbow 6 Vegas - PSP - 2 for €30
    Tesco - Fallout 3 - PS3 - €15 (Hard to find)
    HMV - 42 All-Time Classics + Lego Star Wars Complete Saga - DS - 2 for €40
    HMV - Ferrari Challenge + Lego Wars Complete Saga - PS3 / Wii - 2 for €40
    Xtravision - Sonic Unleashed - Multi - €19.99
    Xtravision - de Blob - Wii - €19.99
    Argos - MySims Kingdom - DS €19.99 (566/6267)
    Argos - Lego Batman - DS + Wii - €24.99 (566/0531 + 566/0500)

Misc
    Harvey Norman (Blanch) - Rainbow 6 Vegas - PSP - €9.99 (in bins)
    HMV - Prince of Persia: Rival Swords - Wii - 2 for €40

Thanks for that. Will pick up what i can!

Anyone know if it has to be the same shop that you use the credit in as you trade the games or can the credit be used in any of their stores?

Anyone know if it has to be the same shop that you use the credit in as you trade the games or can the credit be used in any of their stores?

Get a gift card in the first place and the credit can be added to that card in other stores and used in any store, north or south of the border.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭leek

went in today

with 4 games on the list
    resi evil 5
    cod 5
    saints row 2
    skate 2

and pro evo 09 on the list, he didnt realise and gave me 150eurp credit :D

killzone 2
    cod 4
    halo wars
    and bluetooth headset

:D

Is this ending thursday? pity if it is as Bully on the wii has gone down to a tenner on play.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

WARNING

They are not taking Brothers in Arms or Rainbow 6 anymore on Henry Street or Liffey Street. Managed to get rid of them in Stephens Green about an hour ago but I'm guessing they'll have been told to stop taking them by now too.

Can't be sure about Bully and other games HMV have but I'd guess they've taken them off the list too.

WARNING

They are not taking Brothers in Arms or Rainbow 6 anymore on Henry Street or Liffey Street. Managed to get rid of them in Stephens Green about an hour ago but I'm guessing they'll have been told to stop taking them by now too.

Can't be sure about Bully and other games HMV have but I'd guess they've taken them off the list too.

That must be why the guy in Stephens green was looking at me like I stole his lunch money!

On a side note. Bought brothers and Medal of Honour for PSP at lunch. Realised I was mean to get Rainbow 6. Went down got Rainbow and Ghost Recon 2 (€20). Went up to counter and ended up getting charged 6.99 for Ghost Recon. Medal of Honour was marked at 32.99 so got the 12.99 difference as credit against Ghost Recon.

traded the 3 in for 90. Cost me 36.99. Happy days. Was going to to the brothers and rainbow deal tomorrow but might give it a miss now! Found out about all this too late!

WARNING

They have 2 extra copies of each thanks to me:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 peterdoherty

nope just get it on a gift card. have been around 4 shops so far

krudler wrote: »
    They have 2 extra copies of each thanks to me:D

the 20 or so copies of each I've traded in hasnt helped....sorry!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Ace Combat was a nice game to get rid of. Bought it for €15 a while back in Smyths and never really got around to playing and in the brief time that I did, I didn't enjoy it. Making profits at trading in games to a high street store? I thought that very prospect was unpossible!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Ace Combat was a nice game to get rid of. Bought it for €15 a while back in Smyths and never really got around to playing and in the brief time that I did, I didn't enjoy it. Making profits at trading in games to a high street store? I thought that very prospect was unpossible!!

Just out of interest whats the most anyones walking around with on a card after trade ins at the moment. I've only got 90 before trading in 3 of my own tomorrow but there must be serious credit going on!

If anyone trades in the PSP games tomorrow in Stephens Green or Rathmines would be very interested to hear about it...........

Just out of interest whats the most anyones walking around with on a card after trade ins at the moment. I've only got 90 before trading in 3 of my own tomorrow but there must be serious credit going on!

If anyone trades in the PSP games tomorrow in Stephens Green or Rathmines would be very interested to hear about it...........

I've built up £500 sterling each on a few cards over the past week or so

Now that is impressive. Was just contemplating the things I could have done if I didnt only here about this in the last couple of days. No time left to raid the internet!

Gotten into adverts.ie in the last week as well and surprised I haven't seen anyone trying to sell Gamestop credit........

I had a little over €300 the other day, it was £284.60. :D :P Wouldn't say there's an awfully massive amount of credit flying around, it will mostly have been spent quickly, I'm sure everyone did their homework beforehand. :D :P

Jesus, what are ya planning to buy with that. Or are ya selling? :P

• Advertisement

amacachi wrote: »
    Jesus, what are ya planning to buy with that. Or are ya selling? :P

have bought & sold on to cash it in..............and make a tidy sum

Advertisement