Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

random question time :)

Options
  • 11-04-2009 6:34am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭

what cinemas in Dublin still put butter on their popcorn. I know UCI in Coolock do but anywhere else?

Yes I know it's a stupid question for 6.30am but dammit it needs answering

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

I thought that buttered popcorn is illegal because the butter they used didnt meet food standards or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

Um, I think Blanchardstown cinema does..
    At least it did last time I was there :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Just go out and buy popcorn kernels and a pound of Kerrygold.

Cinema popcorn €10.
    Cinema butter popcorn €15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭pipeliner

while on the subject, did anyone notice the massive decline in the standard of popcorn in the cinema lately? It is always cold and stale since they stopped using the machines to make it.

I think they stock up earlier in the day, but it is nnt the same as when they took it fresh from the machines it was lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

they dont make popcorn fresh anymore :-( :-(

Not good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭milly4ever

why can i never find salted popcorn in dublin cinemas?!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Um, I think Blanchardstown cinema does..
    At least it did last time I was there :rolleyes:

sweet I'll head there so :D cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I can confirm Blanch does, quite tasty as well.

thats the UCI in Blanchardstown shopping centre we're talking about yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

miju wrote: »
    thats the UCI in Blanchardstown shopping centre we're talking about yeah?

Yup.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

pipeliner wrote: »
    while on the subject, did anyone notice the massive decline in the standard of popcorn in the cinema lately? It is always cold and stale since they stopped using the machines to make it.

I think they stock up earlier in the day, but it is nnt the same as when they took it fresh from the machines it was lovely.

UCI in coolock make it fresh there and then, as do cineworld in parnell street. :) I prefer the ones in Cineworld though, you can taste the salt more. is it just me or does anyone else think the smell of buttered popcorn smells sickening?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Masada wrote: »
    UCI in coolock make it fresh there and then, as do cineworld in parnell street. :) I prefer the ones in Cineworld though, you can taste the salt more. is it just me or does anyone else think the smell of buttered popcorn smells sickening?

Hmm, things may have changed as I haven't been into Cineworld in a long time but when I worked there the popcorn you bought was not fresh.

It's cooked then put into big tubular blue blags and stored in the back until needed. Then it's simply poured into the warmers. Not that there's anything wrong with it, just that it would usually be one or two day old popcorn you bought.

Though like I said I haven't been there in a while, maybe things have changed.

am I the only person who likes to dip his popcorn in the leftover cheese dip when you've finished with the nachos?

its quite tasty :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

You get nachos AND popcorn, that's just gluttony

yeah I'm a fat ham :D though in fairness I only ever half finish the medium popcorn :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

lol., my missus does that, its disgusting.,:eek:

It's an "acquired" taste alright but quite yummy when the cheese is warm (rank when it's cold though :( )

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Randomswinger

if there is no buttered popcorn just add peanut m&m's

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Christ your a sick lot.

if there is no buttered popcorn just add peanut m&m's

nah you wanna go the fruit pastelles route. nice combination of flavors ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I was told before, in the Omniplex in Santry, that Buttered popcorn is not sold there because people kept slipping on the "butter".

I was told that by a member of the staff also. It may be a small thing to the some but it's the very reason I've not gone to em since they done it up and I'd go to the cinema alot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Kryx

I thought that buttered popcorn is illegal because the butter they used didnt meet food standards or something?

I have a friend who works in Cineworld and the reason they don't put butter (mmmm) on popcorn anymore is because it used to soak through the bag and onto peoples clothes. The cinema then had to compensate customers for this. Serves them right though.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Innervision

UCI Tallaght do buttered popcorn too! Cinema ain't the same without it imo, has anyone else gone to see a film in the US? Most places let you put your own butter on, yum!! :D

Advertisement