Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whois Privacy

Options
  • 11-04-2009 7:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭

Guys,

I just purchased a domain name on Irishdomains.com and have a bit of a problem with it: it seems to be entirely without privacy on whois. It's got everything: my email address, ph. number, address, etc. Certainly more than I feel comfortable with.
    I realise now - having, as usual, done my research after jumping in - that I can't add privacy while registered with Irishdomains.com, but my question is, IF i were to transfer this to a bluehost account, would I be able to change my whois details.

Thanks

P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

i thought most registrars did private registration. go daddy do it for about $2, you could transfer the domain to them and they should be able to make it private.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Pete P Peterson

Thanks BastardPrince, I've moved to Godaddy.com for ten a year - not a trace of my details there. Wonderful stuff.

P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

The biggest host in Ireland doesn't do private domains or haven't the option to do so(didn't when I asked). You could just fill out your profile details with the details you want but the best option is to transfer to a company that does.
    $2 seems very cheap as it was about $15 abot 5 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    The biggest host in Ireland doesn't do private domains or haven't the option to do so(didn't when I asked).
    Irish Domains is not the biggest hoster in Ireland. That would be Register365. Blacknight and Digiweb would be next. However Whois Privacy can have some drawbacks especially where there is a domain dispute over a trademark or some other issue.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

http://www.dynadot.com/domain/privacy.html

The above looks good. I've never used it but would certainly consider it for the future.

• Advertisement
Advertisement