Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tragus Piercing

Options
  • 11-04-2009 8:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

Hi, I got my tragus pierced 8 days ago. All was fine until two days ago it started to swell and get sore like a bruised feeling and hot. Im cleaning it morning and night with sea salt and warm water and im just wondering is this normal? Is there anything else I should be doing or is it after getting infected :'( I dont play with it or touch it and I try my best not to sleep on it but sometimes i wake up and im on that side but i move! Would using ice help or would this be bad for it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭-lala-

Don't use ice - swelling is perfectly normal with a fresh cartilage piercing, as is feeling hot. What you're doing at the moment is absolutely fine. Just give it a while - cartilage piercings generally take 4 months to a year to heal. A bit of swelling for the first few weeks is normal, and so long as the jewellery is long enough to accommodate the swelling it shouldn't be a problem. If it gets really swollen and unbearably painful, you could try taking some ibuprofen as it reduces the swelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Nools

Hayden* wrote: »
    Hi, I got my tragus pierced 8 days ago. All was fine until two days ago it started to swell and get sore like a bruised feeling and hot. Im cleaning it morning and night with sea salt and warm water and im just wondering is this normal? Is there anything else I should be doing or is it after getting infected :'( I dont play with it or touch it and I try my best not to sleep on it but sometimes i wake up and im on that side but i move! Would using ice help or would this be bad for it?

my tragus and rook got very angry too, it was like a delayed reation or something as they had been doing so well during the early days, and it wasnt an infection, sounds like the same thing with u. sea salt solution is the only thing and not touching it. i found that those 2 were the most diffcult to heal length wise, i think it was a good 4-6 months till my rook stopped being angry, just stick with it and ride the storm so to speak. it'll heal. cartilage just takes longer to heal

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Hayden*

thanks for the replies, it seems to be better now the swelling is still there but hot and bruised feeling is gone so ill keep away from the ice and stick with sea salt n water :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 misshavok

-lala- wrote: »
    Don't use ice - swelling is perfectly normal with a fresh cartilage piercing, as is feeling hot. What you're doing at the moment is absolutely fine. Just give it a while - cartilage piercings generally take 4 months to a year to heal. A bit of swelling for the first few weeks is normal, and so long as the jewellery is long enough to accommodate the swelling it shouldn't be a problem. If it gets really swollen and unbearably painful, you could try taking some ibuprofen as it reduces the swelling.
    Perfect! Couldn't have said it better myself.

Advertisement