Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Password lost for WGR614 wireless network

Options
  • 11-04-2009 9:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭

I used to be able to access settings screen on my WGR614 wireless router (Netgear).
    I have lost the username and password and cannot remember it.
    Is there any way of accessing the router without the password?
    I have an old PC which I am trying to get to operate wirelessly but have forgotten the password I used to set up my laptop and that has gone don so I cannot access the setup I used on that but need to keep the wireless setup for other users in the household.
    Is there any way of acessing that info without resttting the router to factory settings?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Connect it with the ethernet port and I think it should work without promoting for a password, just open up your internet browser and go to the routers IP address.

If it still asks for a password, try the defaults, which are usually:

UN:Admin, PW: Admin
    UN:Admin, PW: Password

etc

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

The usual address for a netgear is http://192.168.0.1 or if that doesnt work try 1.1 as the last two numbers.

As Cormie says above the usual access defaults are password and admin.

You can also restore the router to its factory settings by pressing something into the little pinhole at the back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

Good stuff. Now have wireless access on my old desktop

Advertisement