Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

desperate for a pet rat

Options
  • 11-04-2009 10:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hello i'm desperate for a pet rat over like a year now, does anyone know where could i get one? I live in Sligo so it'd be best around here or it could be from other places but not too far.. Thanks:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭PinkTulips

Horkan's just outside castlebar do a huge range of pets, including degus, ferrets and chinchillas. i've not seen rats in there but i'm sure if you contacted them they'd be able to get you some or else recommend somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

TV3's 'Morning Ireland' show done a small feature on a Rat Rescue group in Ireland during the week.

For some reason Google.com isn't working here in work so maybe someone can do a search there and rescue one of the little critters!.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Tillo

Petmania in Santry, Dublin have pet rats, probably a bit far for you but here is a list of all their stores if you decided you wanted to travel. http://www.petmania.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

The Irish Rat Forum sometimes features rats for re-homing - stick a post up.

Its not recommended to keep just one rat - they get lonely and unsociable if kept in isolation. My recommendation is to get a pair of females and a decent sized cage. I've had rats for a few years and find them the best, having kept mice, hamsters, gerbils and other stuff. I have a few litters of pet mice for rehoming at the moment and I'm just down the road in Tuam if you'd like to have one? They don't mind being kept in isolation and can be handled, trained and carried around in a pocket if you tame them enough.

'cptr

ooooh, interceptor, i'dl ove a pet mouse for dd and i'm close to you too in roscommon ... think it might turn out to be a bad idea with 3 cats in the house though :))

• Advertisement

Free to good home. And by good home I mean one without cats...:p

'c

lol :))

awww, they're really cute. darn cats :(;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Justina...

Thank you Tulip i'll try to get there somehow:D

PinkTulips- thank you if they wont have any in Dublin i'll try the Castlebar do u have any contacts by the way?:D

Mairt - i tried to look it up too but it didn't find anything:(

Interceptor - aww they are really cute but i've had a mice before but i prefer rats much more=] but thank you anyways i mite get two rats in case:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

Free to good home. And by good home I mean one without cats...:p

'c
    are those rats still available?

• Advertisement

aynon wrote: »
    are those rats still available?

They're mice? Yes, I have some pet mice and will give them free to good homes - I'm in Galway.

'cptr

ya would have to make it awkward wouldnt you? being in galway and such....damn so close....know of anyone who is rehoming rats?

Search for the irish rat forum on proboards - they sometimes have them there.

'c

great help interceptor, thanks, really really want one, or two.

Advertisement