Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ho Chi Minh (Saigon) to Phnom Penh by boat

• 11-04-2009 10:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    I intend to travel with My Wife & Son from HCM to PP in early May by Boat up the Mekong, has anyone on here done this trip?:p

I am looking for advise on Border crossing, trip duration, recommended operators or any other info you might have, this is one trip where I 'm not worried about cost as everything seems to be next to free in this countrys.

Also before we leave HCM we want a recommendation for a good hotel, by good I mean good for a family not really looking at budget here, willing to spend on accomadation no problem, similarly for PP recommendations for good hotels would be appreciated.

Did anyone get any extra shots for these countries??

thanks all for your input...:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 solas geal

Hi Gonzales,

i'm planning on doing a similar trip up the Mekong into Phnom Penh and one company that i had seen recommended on other sites are http://www.sinhcafevn.com/. On the other side Delta Adventure tours seems to get very bad reviews!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Hi Solas. I realise you posted this months ago. But are you sure that company is legit? There are 2 companies that seem to be operating under the same name with the sam logo but there is a warning on the website that you posted.
    Other link is http://www.sinhcafe.com/
    Might wait until I'm there and book locally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭raemie21

Yeah, wait until you get there, loads of companies and loads of travellers doing this route. So much so that I can't even remember the name of the company we used as it was so do-able! Lot of boats bring tourists down into the Delta for a few days and one boat will just continue on to Sihanoukville I think?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Seems to be a well travelled route at this point alright. Want to getta boat from Saigon to Phnom Penh. Seems to be possible from looking at websites. Any tips for things I must see? Haven't really done the required research this time around as I've had to plan it in a really short space of time. Ankor Wat, Mekong and Halong Bay. Will see the Pagoda and tunnels aswell. Anything else around?

Advertisement