Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i've finally done it!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Walls

How is it going, Tante? You keeping up with the running?

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

Walls wrote: »
    How is it going, Tante? You keeping up with the running?

today supposed to be day 2 but i doubt that i'll get out,,hubby at college this eve so no one to mind the little people,,might try rope someone in:Dthats if they read this post and volunteer that is:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Walls

Nah, call today a 'recovery day' and rest. How about an early am run while everyone is sleeping?

day 2 week 3,,
    god i love this weeks training programme,,i no sooner start and it's time to come home,,still having trouble with the calves but recovery is so much quicker now..i wonder can i just stay at week 3 forever:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

good stuff

• Advertisement

i'm dying.was awake for ages last night with the pain in my ankle and knee,,finally got up at 3 to take pain killers,,god my leg so sore,,:(

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭McConkey

tantipie wrote: »
    i'm dying.was awake for ages last night with the pain in my ankle and knee,,finally got up at 3 to take pain killers,,god my leg so sore,,:(

Right there with you hon, was up at 5 for two nurofen....damn runners I was told to buy after gait analysis in Scotland but I'd say the lack of gel in them is causing my sore knees....they won't be worn for running again :(

Was my first day back after 2 weeks of sore knees and all-at least I know what was causing it now....I hope

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Go to doctor, do not pass go, do not collect €200. That's not right at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭findingfitness

Hey tantipie

just wanted to say good on ya your flyin!!!! keep it up.

guess who's back,,back again,,guess who's back,,tell a friend!!!

stupid ankle,,been out for weeks now,,could do nothing.felt good for a few days but didnt want to push it,,so went out this eve,,so thrilled,,ankle perfect,,and no cramps in my calves which had been causing me problems too,,prob all related,, so im finished week 3 but i think im going to do another day of it as i found the last 2 mins of my run a killer,,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

Well done tantipie!!
    I'm really going to be struggling to keep up with you in 3 weeks time at this rate!!! :(

go me,,go me,,go me,,(for those who dont know, i'm doin the go ricky dance go ricky go ricky:p)

ended up doing an extra day of week 3 as i had had a few weeks break and kind of struggled on last run. so today started week 4,,i loved it i ran for 5 whole mins twice and didnt die,,imagine:pac:

ahem still thinkin 70 mins for flora mini a bit optimistic for me people,,you know who you are:rolleyes:

Oh the pessimism :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

ok so day 2 done,,hated it,,hated jumpin into puddles for stupid drivers.can't wait for all this to be over,, when will i get to just bein a runner:rolleyes:

day 3
    hated it,, hated it,, hated it!!!

oh did i say i hated it:pwill have to do it again,,not happy at all,,hate stupid hill before my house,,my positive thinkin book gone out the window,,god the monk would be so ashamed if he reading this now,,:rolleyes:

week 4 extra day 27th may

so did an extra day of week 4,,seein as tho i disliked it so much:rolleyes:
    so tomorrow back on track and onto to week 5,ssems it's a long time gettin there,,but gettin there all the same:D

Well done Tantipie :D

Gonna be giving this evening a miss again me thinks... Not feeling 100% :(

29th may day1 week 5

in the big runner house(see wat i did there:pac:) so i did three 5 min runs,,it went ok,,sun supposed to be two 8 mins run's.cant see that happening myself,,but robert says so,,i must obey!!

oh did i say i hate running!!!positive thinkin tantie come on,,i love running,,i love the breeze in my face,,i love the scenery:rolleyes:

so did the women's mini marathon,,had a great day,,was hoping to jog some bit,,but there was no way.:(heat was unbeliveable but great day over all,,oh time was 1hr 38 mins,,3 mins slower than great irelan then again there were 30,000 more people:D

yey me,,i can run for 8 mins and not dropped down dead,,did 5 min walk,8 min run,,5 min walk and 8 min run,,i'm so thrilled,,yey me again..:D

• Advertisement

Good stuff :)

so week 5 finished!!!!did 20 mins run,,no walking. so thrilled with myself,,roll on week 6

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭McConkey

Well done Tantipie....all is going well :)

so week 5 finished!!!!did 20 mins run,,no walking. so thrilled with myself,,roll on week 6

Congrats! It's such a great feeling to get that 20 minute run done. :)

5 min run, 3 min walk, 8 min run, 3 min walk, 5 min run,,oh god it killed me,,thought after my 20 mins the other day i'd be flying it,,but nooooo,,ah well roll on day 2

Well done misses.
    Had no credit in Spain to text you back last week to congratulate you and now my phone is dead :( Booooo Hisssss

aw thanks,,tried to catch up on you while you were on hols,,lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Hi tantipie, well done with the great progress. Have you been adding your milage to the 1000 mile challenge?

looks my training is going to go out the window,going into hospital tomorrow to get a lump removed,,so think i'll be out for a few days:confused:,

• Advertisement

Want me to smuggle in some wine for ya?? ;)

Advertisement