Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free dog walker available in Bray!

• 11-04-2009 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone living in Bray (preferably within walking distance from the beach area) has the need for someone to take their dog on extra walks now and then. I'm a college student who loves animals, and would love a dog but my much loved and very pampered cat wouldn't be keen on the idea, so walking one would be the next best thing! Don't want any payment for it, walking the doggie and having an excuse for getting more exercise would be good enough for me, PM me if you're interested!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Lexie_Karas

Hi,

I've no dog so I can't be of any help to you!! But how bout a suggestion? There's probably a dog rescue somewhere near you thats just crying out for volunteers... granted you might be needed to do other stuff along with the walking (feeding, cleaning etc) but at least then you'd be helping out dogs that really need it. Plus you have some sort of back up if there's ever any trouble while walking such as the dog hurting someone or running away on you (not that its ok for this to happen to a rescue dog but I'm fairly sure you'd be covered legally for stuff like this if you were working with a rescue, where as a sticky owner might not be so good about it!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

If you haven't got transport it might be tricky getting to a rescue and the other alternative is fostering for one but that would mean bringing the dog into your home but another alternative could be if you contact a couple of rescues in your area and see if any of the people that foster for them could do with an extra pair of hands as some fosters are very busy between work and the animals and family life some might be delighted with the help or even walking their own dogs so they can concentrate more on the foster dog.

There's a list of rescues on irishanimals.ie or visit their forum, some people have to contemplate rehoming a dog because they haven't the time for the walks so there is bound to be someone who will jump at the chance of someone to walk their pooch.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭roweeeeena

thanks for the replies guys, helping out in a shelter would be perfect, i've looked into it before but unfortunately there's none within public transport distance and i don't have a car. helping out fosterers is a great idea though, i'll look into it! if that fails i suppose the next best thing is persuading my cat to walk on a lead!!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 poppyginger

Hi I know its been a while since this post but are you still interested. Let me know please. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

2 & a half years - rather unlikely I'm afraid.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement