Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2's new single

Options
  • 11-04-2009 12:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭

I'm a "I don't love them but I don't despise them and they produced a lot of brilliant stuff between when they formed and Zooropa (1993) but since then, most of their output has been unremarkable and bland, however with the occasional flash of brilliance, like Beautiful Day. Bono's a pontificating knob with a stadium-sized ego and there's something creepy and cringey about him but his intentions appear genuine, to be fair" kinda person

Have to say I absolutely love their new single, the very modestly titled Magnificent - to me it's vintage U2, reminiscent of The Joshua Tree's finest moments. All searing guitars and heart-wrenching melody.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvoghuyNqj8

Let the U2-bashing/angry U2-defending commence... :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Its probably the best song on the album. Probably the best song they've done over the last 3 albums actually. Wouldn't sound out of place in The Unforgettable Fire album, its classic U2 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Glassheart

I think it's their best single since Stay.

Can't wait to see them play this in July.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

great song. I think breathe is the best off the album though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

If I may damn it with the faintest praise possible-it's better than Get On Your Boots ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Should have been the lead single. Great tune. I like this album more with every listen.

Going three times to croker !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Only decent song on the album in my opinion, they would have shot themselves in the foot if they hadn't released it as the rest of it are very hit and miss.

Doesn't surprise me though, as they usually have their heads screwed on when it comes to picking singles. Hell Pop sounded like a semi-decent album judging by its singles.

Advertisement