Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domino's Pizza OUTRAGE

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

su_dios wrote: »
    Tip: Go pick up your dominos pizza. Its far cheaper to pick up than it is for delivery. Any medium pizza 11.5" is 13eur no matter what toppings if you pick up.

Unless you order it online, when the pickup price is the same as the delivered one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

majiktripp wrote: »
    I know how you feel. Domino's in NEw Zealand had a "Dominos Cheaper Tuesday" $6.70 for ANY large pizza for pickup. The proof, advert here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Jb7YmpxHFE

Also they had Hell's Pizza chain over there (www.hellspizza.co.nz for a gander) best pizza I ever had.

I miss hell pizza.. large mordor please :)

Dominos used to be very cheap over there as well, then again the cost of living there was very cheap as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭cheapskate

I ordered Domino's from work one evening with a few people, we had placed an order for 3 large pizza's and some sides, then to be told that they don't deliver to commercial premises - what they mean't to say was they do deliver to commercial premises but charge for delivery!
    I said ok at first as there were 4 of us willing to chip in but then I flipped, rang them back, argued about there free delivery policy as advertised and eventually got through to the manager, who agreed to waive the delivery fee if someone was to pick up the order at the entrance (I'd have done this anyway?!)
    Also Domino's (who incidently are my favourite) claim to offer free delivery if you spend over 10 euro yet if you pick it up at counter you get it cheaper still so they have a delivery fee already imposed from the offset!

CS

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I think it's very telling when RTE news hilgihts 85 new pizza jobs. Pizzas are way overpriced and it's only a metter of time before they have to come down to reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Yeah Dominos is expensive. I would say they lose a lot of business over their prices.

I only buy when im getting a discount, or have a voucher.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Famous45

€16 for a 13 inch pizza regardless how delicious it might be made me outraged (which is probably a bit extreme) but nevertheless it did and also a total piss take.

I got a 24 inch(2 x 12's) the other night with the kids for a total of €15 and they loved it.

A 14 inch pizza from Domino's in the US, 1 inch more than here, is €9.50 so how the hell could anyone on this thread justify paying €16 for it and telling me I'm going over the top?

US: €9.50 Ire: €16 UK: €13.50

average cost of 12 inch in Ireland: €9
    or shop elsewhere.....

I do. In case you hadn't realised this is Rip Off Ireland and my post refers to a rip off, think it's you who should be taking your post elsewhere mate.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Hartyk87

I mite be wrong but the meal deal for one imo is a pretty good offer. Small pizza, Garlic Pizza bread and can of drink for €10 isnt bad.......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

The one is Swords does a personal pizza and a drink {can} for 4€ upto 17:00 on weekdays.
    Hartyk87 wrote: »
    I mite be wrong but the meal deal for one imo is a pretty good offer. Small pizza, Garlic Pizza bread and can of drink for €10 isnt bad.......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭baldbear

I thought you got stabbed in Dominos with the outrage bit!!!
    Dominos is roobery everyone knows that but it is damn nice... Yummmm Dont order again if it your not happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 tommy26241

does anyone know were i could get some dominos 2 for 1 vouchers or something similar, got some in the post about 2 years ago, would really appreciate it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Famous45 wrote: »
    €16 for a 13 inch pizza regardless how delicious it might be made me outraged (which is probably a bit extreme) but nevertheless it did and also a total piss take.

I got a 24 inch(2 x 12's) the other night with the kids for a total of €15 and they loved it.
    By area two 12 inch pizzas is only equivalent to a 17 inch pizza, and there's more crust (which I like) but less toppings. :)
    A 14 inch pizza from Domino's in the US, 1 inch more than here, is €9.50 so how the hell could anyone on this thread justify paying €16 for it and telling me I'm going over the top?

US: €9.50 Ire: €16 UK: €13.50

average cost of 12 inch in Ireland: €9

US: Varying if any minimum wage.
    UK: About €6 per hour minimum wage.
    Ireland: About €9 per hour minimum wage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Costs and expenses for a Dominoes branch to operate are alot more in Ireland (Insurance, premises, wages, tax etc)...

Needless to say pizzas are still way over priced EVERYWHERE!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 tommy26241

does anyone know were i could get some dominos 2 for 1 vouchers or something similar, got some in the post about 2 years ago, would really appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

they're on the back of tesco receipts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Dominos pizza's do taste like ketchup and newspaper. Filthy filthy things, not worth even 3 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Del pappas pizza here in Kilkenny do a small pizza,drink, chips and a dip for €8. Pretty good value in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Wow, I just checked the price

2 large pizza for 30euro!
    I live in Oz and a large pizza is 11 delivered
    so 2 large pizza delivered = $22 = 12euro!!

now Oz minimum wage is 13.80 (for people over 20) = 7.60euro
    and Ireland is 8.65 (exp adult worker)

now that is a HUGE gap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭legend73

Im an expat Aussie living in Dublin and having been here for 6 years, one of the biggest piece of consumer gaps is pizza take aways.

In Oz they are cheaper, better quality & taste great, the pizza's in Ireland are a massive dissapointment - and not just Dominos.

I must say I totally agree with Hussey - big gap & Dominos is totally rocking the recession, go figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

I dont even see the attraction to domino's,its greasy tasting gack,the double decadence tastes like a damp toilet roll!If you like pizza try prego's in ballyowen in lucan,they've won a good few throphys for there pizzas and there far cheaper and 100 times nicer in like for like between dominos/four star ect

Advertisement