Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dundalk Restaurant

Options
  • 11-04-2009 1:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Any know if the Royal Garden in Blackrock is worth going to - drove by it yesterday and see that they do Thai food - but is it any good? Also, anyone know when the Kingfisher is opening?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Never heard of the Royal Garden, I'm interested in opinions of them both myself though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭bettedavis

Never heard of the Royal Garden, I'm interested in opinions of them both myself though.

got a takeaway there a few months back, its been there a while now but i think the new signage is recent. From what i remember it was nice, not blow my mind nice but not un nice ! one thing i do remember is a special offer they had at the time................spend €75 and get a free 2ltr bottle of coke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well i was going to spend 12 quid max, but i couldnt pass up the offer of a free bottle of coke so i said f**k it and upped my order by 63 quid !!!!! had to chuck the extra food out like but the free coke was worth it !!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

bettedavis wrote: »
    got a takeaway there a few months back, its been there a while now but i think the new signage is recent. From what i remember it was nice, not blow my mind nice but not un nice ! one thing i do remember is a special offer they had at the time................spend €75 and get a free 2ltr bottle of coke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well i was going to spend 12 quid max, but i couldnt pass up the offer of a free bottle of coke so i said f**k it and upped my order by 63 quid !!!!! had to chuck the extra food out like but the free coke was worth it !!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, i'd easily spend 75 euro for a free bottle of coke. Sure it's free,
    that's a major bargain....

Also heard that a new chinese take away in Bridge St is doing some dishes at half price as an opening offer. Around 4e for a curry i think. Haven't been to it myself yet. If you ask me, it's hard to beat China Kitchen's 7.50 for a breast of chick curry.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Yeah Wiltons in Bridge St are doing half price curries 'til 21st April I think. We've had a few already, nice mild curry, grand feed for €3.40. New World in Muirhevna Mor's curry is lovely, huge portions of chips too.

Advertisement