Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar Hero: Smash Hits

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Demo now up on Live.
    Activision is offering a demo of Guitar Hero: Greatest Hits (Smash Hits in the US) to everybody on Xbox Live - including Silver subscribers.

The sampler weighs 498MB and has three songs - "Rock and Roll All Night" by KISS, "Take Me Out" by Franz Ferdinand and "Woman" by Wolfmother - and one venue to play.

Guitar Hero: Greatest Hits complies all of the best songs from Guitar Hero I, II, Rocks the 80s and III. The idea is to spread them across the multiple Guitar Hero: World Tour instruments.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/gh-greatest-hits-demo-on-live

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Apparently dlc for world tour will not work with smash hits.
    Why not? For a remake of an old game(s) this is the least they could do.

Also I am greatly disappointed with the songs taken from GH3-
    No Cliffs of Dover, Muse, Poison, Weezer.

I was really looking forward to this when first announced, now it all comes down to price...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

I urge anyone considering buying this game to promptly reconsider. You're going to be paying full price for something that's essentially an expansion pack.

Yeah I now but it all depends on what full price is.
    60euro, get the boat
    40euro, still a bit iffy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Been playing this today, been more into rock band recently so maybe its always been there and im only seeing it now after being on RB for a good while, but the massive hit boxes from GH3 seem to be back in this one also some of the songs seem to be massively over charted.

Cant say ill be playing this for long , poor selection of songs, DLC from world tour dont work either.

• Advertisement

So the difficulty is up or down compared to Guitar Hero 3? That annoys me about the dlc, there is no reason they shouldn't have made it compatible.

was playing hard guitar and expert bass, was at teer 6 of 7 by the time i failed anything, havent played gh3 for some time, but like i said about the hit boxes i was getting stuff i should not have been hitting. Bit easier than guitar hero 3 i guess , but i really need to go back to that one.

Yeah Rock band really had it , when they allowed importing of all songs, not sure how many i have but 300 maybe ? from 2 games and track packs and songs i bought for RB

Biggest let down was the stinking live version of cowboys from hell (very over charted too)

Guitar Hero generally has the worse off charts. As was described in a review of Guitar Hero World Tour:

Critics did observe poor note charting, stating that some of the song charts "simply don't match the music" and that "you'll be asked to hit notes where there are none, or not hit notes that are there."

Face it, the Guitar Hero craze has worn off. It's been driven into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Won't stop Activision's fanboy's from hailing it as "the original and best" forgetting who originally developed Rock Band. :D
    Said it before and i'll say it again, if Neversoft could at least keep up with Harmonix' standard, i wouldn't mind.

But they can't and they've destroyed what was once a good series of games as a direct result.

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Won't stop Activision's fanboy's from hailing it as "the original and best" forgetting who originally developed Rock Band. :D
    Said it before and i'll say it again, if Neversoft could at least keep up with Harmonix' standard, i wouldn't mind.

But they can't and they've destroyed what was once a good series of games as a direct result.

Exactly. Which reminds me, does this forum really have to still be called 'Guitar Hero'? I think it's more wanting of a title that actually deserves our attention.

• Advertisement

Exactly. Which reminds me, does this forum really have to still be called 'Guitar Hero'? I think it's more wanting of a title that actually deserves our attention.

Asking the wrong person, but at the time of it's creation, Rock Band was in the making (i was actually one of the guys who lobbied for the forum to be created after borrowing Zapp Brannigan's sig image), so times have obviously changed.

Rhythm Games/Music party games would probably be better suited at this stage, but as I don't moderate this forum, I can't do jack sh*t. :D

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I'm sure the powers that be would be eager to oblige... you essentially mod this place anyway ShaunRaven... You, I, Twilightning and Cedom are the regulars here to be honest...

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I'm sure the powers that be would be eager to oblige... you essentially mod this place anyway ShaunRaven... You, I, Twilightning and Cedom are the regulars here to be honest...

I'm flattered, but i'm pretty sure others like cedomination have contributed here more than me, Cully would be a shoe in, but he keeps moving, lol! :)

I certainly would have included cully, but he doesn't seem to be around anymore :(

GIVE ME MOD LOL!

I like Rock Band too, and Rock Band 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

BTW,I'm not sure if Cully has actually moved. I just assumed so because I haven't heard from him in ages :pac:

BTW,I'm not sure if Cully has actually moved. I just assumed so because I haven't heard from him in ages :pac:

Well he did say (in this very thread) that he wouldn't be getting this game because he wouldn't be living here anymore. 2+2...

Twilightning - Don't think giving you mod would be a good idea man, you'd have every World Tour fanboy banned for not joining the RB gang, just a mild assumption given by your past posts. ;)

Twilightning - Don't think giving you mod would be a good idea man, you'd have every World Tour fanboy banned for not joining the RB gang, just a mild assumption given by your past posts. ;)

It's never too late for them to convert! :pac:

It's never too late for them to convert! :pac:

True, but how dull and boring would the forum be without 'em? ;)
    I think we've gone off the point of GH:SH...

• Advertisement

True, but how dull and boring would the forum be without 'em? ;)
    I think we've gone off the point of GH:SH...

That's true! I do *heart* my internetz drama.

Oh, and you're right, we have gone off topic, so I'll get us back on sure:

THIS GAME IS A WASTE OF MONEY. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T BUY IT, GO GET ROCK BAND BECAUSE IT'S BETTER AND THIS ISN'T AND OMFG!!11ONE!

As an existing mod, i shouldn't... but i did, i laughed hard. :)

If I was a mod of this forum, I'd just replace the charter with that post.

If I was a mod of this forum, I'd just replace the charter with that post.

Just as well the forum pretty much moderates itself then. :)

I for one think that this is one of the nicer more civilised forums on boards.ie... That's one of the main reasons I post here often, because I got a warm and accepting welcome... Aw shucks, come 'ere guys! (and girls?)

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I for one think that this is one of the nicer more civilised forums on boards.ie... That's one of the main reasons I post here often, because I got a warm and accepting welcome... Aw shucks, come 'ere guys! (and girls?)

The regulars here are pretty much the law of the order. Most people are generally friendly when it comes to guys posting looking for advice, if there's any news on the game releases or DLC, it's rarely missed here (if ever).

Yeah, we're all a pretty decent bunch. :)

I'd do us.

looks like the achievements in this are some of the hardest since the older game's

Especially the 2 tied to raining blood, tried the solo in practice on the slowest setting epic fail :D

Gas thing is i can do a respectable job of it on a real bloody guitar :mad:

Edit : of course some annoying american has already done it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyJPCez8jB0 check the ending its pricless and that sneaky last note

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Yeah saw that video when it came out,he has the best reactions and I lol'd at the last note.

• Advertisement
Advertisement