Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

friends wedding - tips

• 11-04-2009 1:52pm

hey i normally only take landscape shots with my slr but will be taking it to a wedding soon - any tips for taking shots at the reception when the lights are down low and all that jazz!:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

i tried this before and it didn't go too well for me:rolleyes:

what i learned (from mistakes) was to turn the ISO up a good bit - maybe 400 or 800.

use a lense with a wide aperture (2.8 or better).

keep an eye on the white balance (or maybe shoot in RAW but i find that a pure nuisance afterwards).

diffuse the flash.

hopefully someone that does know how to do this will give ya proper advice!

thanks!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

definitly shoot raw, madness otherwise

extra batteries
    dedicated flash
    wide angle
    second body if possible
    and look up online on key shots and get them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Fionn

two of everything you can get - cameras, speedlights, batteries & cards (the more the better) plan for the worst case scenario!!
    Do explain to the bride & groom your experience level, many non-photography people fail to recognise just how difficult having a successful wedding shoot can be.

Re ISO write it on your hand indoors HIGH ISO - outdoors LOW ISO
    use flash outdoors.

theres lots of tutorials on the net too including here on the FAQs

good luck :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Honestly at all weddings I try to use as low an iso as possible, I think it is a personal thing, I like my images to have no noise whatsoever. Also I always bounce the flash unless it is fill outside, sometimes you need to be quick handed to move the flash the right way but I have myself very quick at that from doing local boxing (yes i know boxing and lfash doesnt go usually but no other choice at my lcoations).

I'm getting from your post you are not the offical photographer as you are just bringing along a camera but maybe speak to the photographer and ask can you shadow him, when I first started weddings I went to a friends wedding and her photog saw my camera and asked did I want to tag along with him and he gave me so many tips. The biggest one that I take with me above all is banter!

• Advertisement

oooh i really didnt make it clear in my first post - im not the official camera dude, i`ll be fine takin shots at the church and all that im really concerned about at the reception later on when lights are down low as its not near the type of photography i do!

Cool tips though :) Learning loads

Advertisement