Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

infected...

Options
  • 11-04-2009 1:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

ok so, I apologize as this is probably a really boring question that has been asked a lot, but, i got a labret piercing two weeks ago. It was healing quite well, and i have been continuing to wash it with sea salt and warm water (and mouthwash after smoking). For the past few days i have been sick with a stomach bug and its gotten quite badly infected on the inside and outside. I really don't want one of those bubble infection things that i got when i got my nose pierced a few years ago because they are not easy to get rid of!
    So basically should i just keep washing it with sea salt and mouthwash (without alcohol) or should i use savalon or bepanthene or something ???
    any help would be appreciated!! thank you in advance, oh and i haven't smoking for the past 5 days, and probably wont until this heals...

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I'd say keep going with the rinsing. Also you could probably do with taking a vitamin supplement that contains zinc, because that will help your body heal and help build you back up after being sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Like Toots said, stick with the sea salt soaks and the alcohol free mouthwash.
    DO NOT use savalon or bepanthen on it!!! A piercing is an open wound and these things are too harsh for it. (Plus usually say not to use on broken skin anyway!!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭-lala-

^^^^^^^^ what they said

Also would be a good idea just to NOT smoke for a few weeks, or at least until the infection has cleared up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

What makes ya think it's infected?
    Is it secreting any yellowish liquid?

Or is it just getting crusty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 george.

im not entirely sure if it is infected, but its gotten sore recently and around the outside and inside of the piercing is really red. and the inside of my lip has gone white and hard. sorry its quite difficult to describe...
    its not really crusty, there is some pus, but mostly it just feels sore and itchy.
    i'll keep washing it with salt solution... thanks guys

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Probably just cos you were sick, it wears ya down.
    If you are mad worried about it go back to the place that pierced ya and seek their advice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 george.

ok thanks for the advice, i just got a bit worried about it... :o

Advertisement