Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

vrt

• 11-04-2009 2:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

I'm looking to bring in my vw t2 trident autosleeper conversion, its 1990 with 105000 mls on the clock ; though its had a new engine a couple of years ago , new paintwork, no rust and is in immaculate condition. went to my local tax office to get a quote who sent off some photos to rosslare and came back with a valuation of 12000 euro and vrt of just under 1600. the guy in the tax office thought this was a ridiculous quote and said you can appeal it , but have to pay first. so my question is has anyone here appealed and how did u get on?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 471 ✭✭aerosol

I appealed my valuation and got a result:D I've no clue as to what a fair valuation on your van would be,is 12000 way off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Laducar

I would have thought closer to 8000 based on what I paid for it and what works been done on it. But iv no choice other than paying it and appealing it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 471 ✭✭aerosol

Unfortunaly what you paid doesn't come into the equation:mad: Its what the powers who are here determine it as you've found...

Once you pay up ,you only have a month(if my memory is correct) to appeal,try to get some evidence of similar vans for sale here(at the right price;)) in with your appeal,I also got a local sales/rental outfit to write me a letter stating"faults and repairs" needing to be done and their valuation of the van which was accepted,no questions.

Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Laducar

I understand it's the open market value but who in there right mind would pay 12000 for a van that's 20 yrs old with over 100k on the clock! It just seems to me some fool just plucked a figure from no where! I'll appeal it and see how I get on

Advertisement