Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anpost return to sender

Options
  • 11-04-2009 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

hi all,
    I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me,

I sent a package to the uk last week, to scotland by registered post,

I just went in today to see what was happening and its status is "IN ITEM DEPOT ENGLAND, RETURN TO SENDER"

no i didnt put a return address on it or inside the package,

what will happen now? the contents are worth 700 sterling :eek:

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,077 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I would imagine that you should print off the tracking info, find your receipt, and get off to the Post Office that you sent the package from. They must know what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

Ring the tracking/reg post section , you will get their number online and ask them to send it back to the post office that you posted it at. tell your local po that you are expecting it back as well.

madness not having a return address on it when its worth so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

I sent a registered letter to the UK last week and the tracking showed the exact same. I contacted the guy who it was addressed to and he had already received it. So you could try contact the addressee and hopefully they will have received it.

DELIVERED UNITED KINGDOM 08-Apr-09
    ITEM IN DEPOT UNITED KINGDOM 06-Apr-09 RETURN TO SENDER
    ITEM RECEIVED IN UNITED KINGDOM 04-Apr-09
    ITEM DESPATCHED FROM DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE DUBLIN 12 03-Apr-09

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I presume you INSURED the package? If so, you would have had to give your own contact details for that...

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭corkgal1981

eth0_ wrote: »
    I presume you INSURED the package? If so, you would have had to give your own contact details for that...

Most an item to UK can be insured for is 320euros and contact details are never taken - not where I work anyway, maybe the sub post offices differ as they make up their own rules but in a main post office we don't take contact details.

I'd say return to the office you posted it from and bring the receipt with the tracking number and hopefully they'll ring up for you as they will be given more info than what appears on the track & trace system on website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

Is it only just return to sender as the latest status (as in just once), as the online tracking does tend to say return to sender from the moment there is a failed delivery attempt, and the recipient would be given so many days before it is in fact returned to sender, even though the system says return to sender straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Is it only just return to sender as the latest status (as in just once), as the online tracking does tend to say return to sender from the moment there is a failed delivery attempt, and the recipient would be given so many days before it is in fact returned to sender, even though the system says return to sender straight away.

I agree. Sent a package to the UK recently and when I checked the status of the delivery online it was showing as "Return to sender". I contacted An Post and they told me that there was a failed delivery and they were going to try again the next day and was not in fact being returned to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

packets always say returned to sender ,ive given up worry ing about it because it mostly means theyre delivered already

Advertisement