Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Defected producer Competition

• 11-04-2009 3:18pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

http://www.defected.com/yourmusic/

Just came across this... Interesting way of trying to find talent - but really its more of a clever marketing exercise.

I had a quick listen to some of the tracks, not very impressed really I think we have people on here who have stuff miles better. Defected would not be a label I'd be much of a fan of these days though..

Anyone going in for it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

hmm yeah its sort of no different to sending them your best track even when theres no competition on.they always sort out good remixers for there releases.
    would be a dream come true for me to be on defected as they were one of the best house labels a few years back(still are to an extent).bought more of there fluential stuff but theyve had some massive tracks .
    didnt get a chance to listen to any of the submissions unfortunatly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

I have a track in for it with my mate. We are currently in the top 10. Would REALLY appreciate anyone on this forum pitching in by voting for me. Here is the link:

http://www.defected.com/yourmusic/trackpage.php?track=87

The production is a little rough and we are still not happy with it but I am hoping that the novelty value and relevance of the vocal clip, coupled with the fact that its an OKish house tune will stand us in good stead.

PLEASEW help me by voting for us!!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭SteveDon

network is a ****ing class movie

i always wanted to use that sample in one of my tracks aswell

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Nice tune FabbyDabby

Iron enough I was watching a documentary last night called Zeitgest. It has a clip form that movie... Must watch it, looks interesting...

Thanks a lot :)

Yeah Network is a brilliant show, amazing how relevant that sample is today! I don't know about zeitgeist though... I thought it was a bit daft in places and ended up not watching it all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭franklyshocked

Zascar wrote: »

Just came across this... Interesting way of trying to find talent - but really its more of a clever marketing exercise.

I had a quick listen to some of the tracks, not very impressed really I think we have people on here who have stuff miles better. Defected would not be a label I'd be much of a fan of these days though..

Anyone going in for it?
    Feck it I'll throw someting together over the weekend. By the sounds of a lot of the stuff on there thats all everyone else has done ;)

Pure marketing ploy alright. If they do get anything worth keeping you've sold the rights for a pacemaker and a couple of credits on beatport

feck it i have a good few tracks sitting on my harddrive think ill upload them.
    at least one other person might hear some of my tracks.:D
    ill throw up links in a bit

They only let you put up one you need to use dfifferent email addresses and usernames to put up more than that. 700 tunes in it already, I havent a hope!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Defeted have always been at the cutting edge of House Music and they are one of the leading labels on the House music scene,and ill give them credit as they resurrected Strictly Rhythm who are without any doubt the best ever House music record label.

HOWEVER in recent times Defected have gone somewhat commerical and this is most likely a marketing excercise,but still and all it's a challenge for up and comng producers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

fabbydabby wrote: »
    I have a track in for it with my mate. We are currently in the top 10. Would REALLY appreciate anyone on this forum pitching in by voting for me. Here is the link:

http://www.defected.com/yourmusic/trackpage.php?track=87

The production is a little rough and we are still not happy with it but I am hoping that the novelty value and relevance of the vocal clip, coupled with the fact that its an OKish house tune will stand us in good stead.

PLEASEW help me by voting for us!!! :)
    Did you post that track on here already?

• Advertisement

Yeah why?

jesus christ a remix of katie perry i kissed a girl is no 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 PipDay

Zascar wrote: »

Anyone going in for it?

We have about 1200 tracks now, some of them are actually quite good. Some are even excellent.

The winning track will indeed be released, and in the process many are being found.

There has been some confusion in forums regarding the phase one format so to outline:

"We would like to clarify that the live top 10 featured on this site is merely an indication of users opinions and tastes. All tracks entered in the competition will be listened to by our A&R team and our favourite 10 will make it through to phase 2 of the competition. Any spam accounts set up to ensure your tracks remains in the top 10 are a waste of time.

Thanks and Good Luck!

The Defected Team"

you also may be interested in sampling some of the new stuff on either Fluential or JBO... both Defected sub labels.

Ta

pip

Advertisement