Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much should site cost...

Options
  • 11-04-2009 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

All,
    I'm currently in the early stages of setting up a company and I'm looking at setting up a web presence....I've been looking at using a Joomla template, as they seem to match the look I'm going for...I've registered the domain and have the hosting sorted....so my question is this, how much should a website cost if the following is what I'm looking for.

6 pages
    - registration of users giving them their own accounts.
    - payment via credit card/paypal into a bank account. (paypal setup already)
    - probably be using sql server database

once the site is setup I'd be able to manage it...so what do you think?
    I'm sure there is more that needs answering before people can give an accurate price suggestion, so feel free to ask?

Also if you know of someone I should be talking too, feel free to recommend them.

Any help, would be great.....Thanks!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

What you've listed is straightforward enough, but what's the purpose of the site ?

What does the user "account" give them access to ? If there are indeed only 6 pages, why would they register ? Or how are those 6 pages going to provide the necessary info for them to buy something through Paypal

Are there product images and pricing tables, etc ?

Is the Paypal payment a membership fee, payment for a single item or a full shopping cart with calculations, etc ?

There's a LOT more info required before anyone could give you a price.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭bonzer1again

The site will be showing a list of training courses....you can sign up using paypal, or in person etc, and once you sign up you'll have access to the training materials...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭NickNolte

You're limiting yourself by telling your developer what technologies they can use. Joomla with SQL Server is an odd combination. Rather than going to a Web company with the solution, you should try and approach them with the problem and let them organise your solution.

Advertisement