Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft Train Simulator

Options
  • 11-04-2009 4:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

Anybody have this game? Whats the latest version? Worth a buy?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Seeker

I saw Bus Simulator in Game yesterday. Couldn't help laughing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

they were developing a new one along with a new version of flight sim but microsoft scrapped the department that made them - no new flight sim or train sim !

cb0e3ecd36c6aa1297d3baf161872d35.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Plastic Bari

Garbage truck thats deadly must have a go off it!!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Me and my buddy were looking at all the simulator games on the internet once and there are all loads of bizarre ones like crane simulator and bulldozer simulator. They all seemed to be made in germany as well (or for germans anyway).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

What next?

A golf simulator?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

Jimbo wrote: »
    What next?

A golf simulator?

Hhhmmm... I'm going to patent a world war 2 simulator game!!!! I'm rich!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

Jimbo wrote: »
    What next?

A golf simulator?
    Man, I know!

In a few years, everyone will be playing football simulators aswell :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

I've always thought about what a 'life' simulator game would be like. It'd obviously be a huge game - first and foremost - and would basically go on forever until you die (in the game). You could accelerate through the years if you like and have the game 'decide' what happens in your life based on various settings you choose. Of course, you could also just take it day by day, hour by hour, etc; and form friendships, create enemies, screw people (in bothe senses), etc.

Kevin

• Registered Users Posts: 83,297 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Miscrosoft Birdfeeder! Pick feed! Wait for days! Never see ANYTHING!!!

Actually we got some feeders set up and now all sorts of bluejays and cardinals and doves and hummingbirds have come around ever since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

I've always thought about what a 'life' simulator game would be like. It'd obviously be a huge game - first and foremost - and would basically go on forever until you die (in the game). You could accelerate through the years if you like and have the game 'decide' what happens in your life based on various settings you choose. Of course, you could also just take it day by day, hour by hour, etc; and form friendships, create enemies, screw people (in bothe senses), etc.

Dude I don't know how to tell you this.............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

greatest-ever-mmorpg-outside-the-new-mmorpg-from-t1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Polar101

So is this one of those places where clicking a mouse button to hear a SNAP sound is considered cool and grown up, and big steel machinery childish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

I am not into p.c,x-box games etc,so excuse me if this is ancient news:)

You are all talking about paying for simulators,just wondering do ya,ll know about the free flight simulator in google Earth?

Google Earth is available free from the google pack,if this is new or news to you please be careful if you go to the google pack homepage as you have to untick the software you dont want or it will install.

If using XP google updater will install automaticly,if using Vista you will have to allow it,its needed to download google Earth,these guys from google are software nuts and origionally built flight simulator into g earth more or less for their own fun.It was meant to be a cheat at first but is widely known now.

once g earth is installed and you have the programme running you need to press ctrl+alt+a at the same time,suddenly you are the pilot of either a propellor plane or if you prefer an F-16 fighter jet!
    To learn how to fly either you will need to search google earth flight simulator,it is mainly keyboard controlled but a games nut I know mastered it in 90 minuates:)
    It really is worth a try if you are into gaming!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Anybody have this game? Whats the latest version? Worth a buy?

Getting back on topic, I have this game - bought it about 8 years ago. It's not as boring as it sounds! There are some interesting puzzle elements to the game, for example, sorting railroad cars in a train yard with a limited amount of track available. I thought the graphics were great at the time, but they have probably aged a bit now. There was never an official sequel, but there are plenty of add-on packs and free content to keep you going.

trainz is probably a better bet - there was a new one out in feb 2009 , it's available on steam

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?term=trainz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Plastic Bari

I started playing the first one yesterday its good for the time it was released!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

Does anyone know if this game is still readily available in shops? I wouldn't mind trying it out. What price am I looking at here?

i could run over to Game and look myself but it's raining :(

As far as I know the only rail sim Game have at the moment is EA's Rail Simulator at 14.99, I bought it but haven't tried it yet, got it about a month ago so they may have got another one in, they didn't have the MS one, though they used to sell it last year for 7.99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

PogMoThoin wrote: »

If it doesn't come with a 93 ISUZU Trooper its not a real farming sim :D

bandit197 wrote: »
    If it doesn't come with a 93 ISUZU Trooper its not a real farming sim :D

The Gold Edition comes with an odd coloured Toyota Carina II wing and bonnet

Advertisement