Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thailand (Bangkok) Designer Clothes

• 11-04-2009 5:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭

Heading over to Thailand next month for the summer and was wondering if they have the likes of Ralph Lauren, Lacoste, Diesel, etc. shops over there? I know the place is littered with fake gear but where would you go for the real stuff and what are the prices like? Say I wanted to get a Ralph Lauren Polo shirt - they cost around 90 euro here; any idea what it would cost over there?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Hmmmmmmm, not too sure if you'd get it any cheaper in Bangkok then at home. The places to check out would be Paragon shopping centre in Siam and The Emporium at Phrompong.

Will have a look at prices the next time I'm at either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Would agree with SMB in that it wouldn't be a whole lot cheaper over there for branded clothes.
    One thing that might help is to try and claim the VAT back at the airport on your way home. Its only 7/8% or so AFAIR but if you have spent a fair few hundred then its better than nothing.
    Instead of blowing €90 on a Ralph Laurer shirt I'd say you'd be better off getting shirts made for you by a professional tailor of which there are many in Bangkok. You get to choose the matieral, colour etc and if you choose your tailor carefully then it will end up fitting you far better than any mass produced branded shirt ever could.

Advertisement