Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI online banking, direct debit info??

Options
  • 11-04-2009 6:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭

Hiya everyone.

im a boi customer, and am just wondering what the story is with checking and changing direct debits online with their 365 service.

i have a direct debit coming out of my account but i cannot access this or see any information what so ever when online?:confused:

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Do you mean that you can't see the direct debit going through your account on your list of transactions, or that you want to see the originator name and reference number etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭jayoo

well when i log in i can view my current account, and i can see where the direct debit is being taken out. But when i go into the direct debit menue there is nothing there at all :confused:

prehaps i just need to call in and see what the story is, so annoying as everytime i do they have to ring up the branch in my local town, and then there is some kind of confusion bhla bhla Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:(

haha its just one of those days:pac:

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Not wanting to sound dense here, but it's definitely a direct debit and not a standing order?

no its a direct debit into a savings account, actually at the bottom of the page it does say that the info shown may not represent your actual account and for furthur info call there number.

so hopefully i will be able to call up and sort things out, just annoying as i can only put money into the savings account through a direct debit, i cant freely transfer money from my account or lodge it in at the actual bank, :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

jayoo wrote: »
    no its a direct debit into a savings account, actually at the bottom of the page it does say that the info shown may not represent your actual account and for furthur info call there number.

so hopefully i will be able to call up and sort things out, just annoying as i can only put money into the savings account through a direct debit, i cant freely transfer money from my account or lodge it in at the actual bank, :mad:

You could add the account as a beneficary under the 'payments' menu on the right. You can then easily tranfer money from your current account to it.

If the savings account is with BOI, you should be able link it with your current account online and thenbe able to view balance and transfer money easily.

• Advertisement

jayoo wrote: »

Aaah, is it one of those Easysaver accounts? Or an SBSA? Are there any direct debits showing up at all in the direct debit screen? If it is an Easysaver or SBSA, yes the only way you can pay into them is by direct debit, as they're a regular savings product. That's just part of the terms and conditions of the account.
    You could add the account as a beneficary under the 'payments' menu on the right. You can then easily tranfer money from your current account to it.

If the savings account is with BOI, you should be able link it with your current account online and thenbe able to view balance and transfer money easily.

You cannot do this with the Easysaver or SBSA accounts. You can however view the balance online. If you click on 'Register a Savings and Investment account' on the left hand side of the screen and then type in the account number, you will be able to view the balance in a couple of days. It'll appear underneath where your main accounts and credit card are listed.

Cheers for the information guys:D

Advertisement