Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

house around skerries road in balbriggan haunted???

Options
  • 11-04-2009 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

i am thinking to move into there, but guys in work told me those house are haunted and always have stories around the town, i am new to balbriggan, please kindly let me know if this is ture, as i might be change my idea to move future north maybe dundalk......( but i work in dublin )

thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Im sure you've nothing to worry about, those lads are just messing and last time I checked, there is no such thing as haunted houses! :rolleyes:

If you like the house, just get it! Skerries is a lovely town, easy commute to Dublin, whereas Dundalk isn't either of them (in my honest opinion).

I'm sure nothing bad will happen! They're just stories, don't pay attention to them!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Think you need to cut down on the amount of Living TV you're watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

sNarah wrote: »
    Skerries is a lovely town, easy commute to Dublin
    No doubt your right, however whats the relevance to the original question?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Bluetonic wrote: »
    sNarah wrote:
    Skerries is a lovely town, easy commute to Dublin
    No doubt your right, however whats the relevance to the original question?

It is quite clear that sNarah misread the thread title & thought the house was in in Skerries rather than Skerries Road, Balbriggan. Big deal. Get over it.

I am fed up with your thinly-veiled snide & barbed posts & will ban you if this continues. If you want to discuss this further - PM me.

HB

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Yellowblackbird

When is Mr Barlow arriving

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

One place that was talked about in the 70`s when i lived in skerries was the ladies stairs (foot bridge over the railway into argillan house)there was ment to be a gost thereabouts, never met it when we had to walk home from balbriggan in the small hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Hill Billy wrote: »
    It is quite clear that sNarah misread the thread title & thought the house was in in Skerries rather than Skerries Road, Balbriggan. Big deal. Get over it.

I am fed up with your thinly-veiled snide & barbed posts & will ban you if this continues. If you want to discuss this further - PM me.

HB

Oops :o Jap I did. Well still sure the house will be okay... And Balbriggan is still a much easier commute to Dublin than Dundalk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

I think you're probably talking about the soldiers cottages in Balbriggan just past the entrance to Hampton Cove? nah never heard any stories about them and I live in Hampton. above post is right about the Ladies Stairs being apprently haunted as the lady of the castle drowned herself down at the bottom of that cliff path. Never seen anything like that myself though....It's a lovely part of the town, I wouldn't live in any other area- have the beach and then not far of a walk to Ardgillan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 northsidetype

if you are the type of person who actually worries about "g-g-g-ghosts" when picking an area to live in, then maybe you should just live somewhere else - but no Malahide its full of werewolves!

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭steifanc

I think you're probably talking about the soldiers cottages in Balbriggan just past the entrance to Hampton Cove? nah never heard any stories about them and I live in Hampton. above post is right about the Ladies Stairs being apprently haunted as the lady of the castle drowned herself down at the bottom of that cliff path. Never seen anything like that myself though....It's a lovely part of the town, I wouldn't live in any other area- have the beach and then not far of a walk to Ardgillan

i grew up around that area too , never heard any storys about the soilders cottages, i know the people that live in most of them , and they have never said any thing,

• Advertisement
Advertisement