Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Brand Of Paint For Painting Outside Windows/Pillar Tops

Options
  • 11-04-2009 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I have wooden windows that are brown and some white pillar tops to paint. Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on what type of paint would be best?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

hi lemlin..

for the pillars dulux weathershied would be the best masonary paint
    on the market.

as for the windows when u say they are brown are they varnished or painted with brown gloss..

if you go to woodies or homebase they have a huge selection of exterior varnish stains to choose from..

ronseal do few different types also dulux do a varnish stain called woodsheen which l have used and like ..

it comes in all different colour stains ..

if they are a brown gloss then you will have to get a brown undercoat and gloss , sandtex make a exterior gloss which is meant to be harder wearing for exterior work..

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

They are a brown paint on the windows so would the sandtex be best?

I have never used the sandtex gloss but it always catches my eye that they are avertising it as a exterior gloss ..

just make sure you clean them down well before undercoating them..

robbie1977 wrote: »
    I have never used the sandtex gloss but it always catches my eye that they are avertising it as a exterior gloss ..

just make sure you clean them down well before undercoating them..

By cleaning down, do you mean sand them down?

Lemlin wrote: »
    By cleaning down, do you mean sand them down?

Yea lightly sand them down and then give them a wipe with a cloth with
    a little white spirit on it..

• Advertisement

Thanks for that. Would the white dulux weathershield also do the outside window sills around the windows that are white?

Advertisement