Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joan Burton, headache and ear-ache inducer

Options
  • 11-04-2009 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,883 ✭✭✭

For the last six months Joan Burton has been the axe weilded by the Labour party on various politics programmes to discuss the countries financial issues. She just seems to shout louder than all of the other panelists talking over other people who have just as much right to air their views, and spouting nothing but far-flung metaphors with little in the way of policies to offer from herself or her party. Vincent Browne is the only pundit who stood up to her and showed her for what she is. Legendary piece of television. Thanks Vincent.
    The budget on April 11th was a tough one but it was not the "budget from hell" as she put it. OK middle income earners were hard hit, but so they should have been along with everyone else.
    She was on the One O Clock show this afternoon and yes you guessed it rudely shouting over the other three other people on the panel, spouting the same inanities that have become her trademark. Mr Gilmore , I beg you, get this wretched woman off our airwaves please, for the good of the nation as a whole.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭Hillel

The budget on April 11th was a tough one but it was not the "budget from hell" as she (Joan Burton) put it.
    Guess you're Public Sector, then.:eek:
    Just about everyone else thinks its the budget from hell.

Well done Joan, I say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Joan can't help her voice and I agree it can be a little grating but at least she seems to have some grasp of her brief (singular:)), unlike Biffo the Buffoon whose only talent, it seems to me, is to be able to shout louder than anybody else. I heard Joan give Eamonn Ryan more than a run for his money on Matt Cooper.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,883 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Hillel wrote: »
    Guess you're Public Sector, then.:eek:
    Just about everyone else thinks its the budget from hell.

Well done Joan, I say.
    I am a public sector worker because I think Joan is a buffoon. Is this why you think that I am public sector?
    No I am not public sector. I think public sector workers should be made to pay 100% of their pensions from their own money.
    Here lies one of the problems with her. She gives mixed messages on how to deal with public service expenditure. Arguing against the 7% levy, then saying that the public service expenditure will have to be addressed. It seems that whatever the government do, she will have an opposing opinion. I am not FF by any means, but this is one of the things that is grating my brain at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭O'Coonassa

Dáil Éireann is like the first stage round of X-Factor for retards. God love them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭Hillel

I am a public sector worker because I think Joan is a buffoon. Is this why you think that I am public sector?
    No I am not public sector. I think public sector workers should be made to pay 100% of their pensions from their own money.
    Here lies one of the problems with her. She gives mixed messages on how to deal with public service expenditure. Arguing against the 7% levy, then saying that the public service expenditure will have to be addressed. It seems that whatever the government do, she will have an opposing opinion. I am not FF by any means, but this is one of the things that is grating my brain at the moment.

Fair enuf, then. I guess we all have reasons for headaches, at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

True, but she is nonetheless in opposition. I would be more concerned about the headachers and ear-achers that are in power.

deadhead13 wrote: »
    True, but she is nonetheless in opposition. I would be more concerned about the headachers and ear-achers that are in power.
    It is not the oppositions job to argue that a black floor is white. Thats what is so frustrating about Labour and Burton in particular. Their only policy is to veer 180 degrees from government policy and shout over anybody who opposes their daft counter arguements. Added to that her nagging grating voice seems to permeate from every frequency on the radio dial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

I meant be grateful she is not in power.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭NewDubliner

I think public sector workers should be made to pay 100% of their pensions from their own money.
    My guess is that you don't work or you'd know that this is not the case for any private sector workers.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭greatgoal

shes a politician,like the rest of them she will tell you what you want to hear,just another self obsessed fake, in politics for her own gain,not yours or mine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

For the last six months Joan Burton has been the axe weilded by the Labour party on various politics programmes to discuss the countries financial issues. She just seems to shout louder than all of the other panelists talking over other people who have just as much right to air their views, and spouting nothing but far-flung metaphors with little in the way of policies to offer from herself or her party. Vincent Browne is the only pundit who stood up to her and showed her for what she is. Legendary piece of television. Thanks Vincent.
    The budget on April 11th was a tough one but it was not the "budget from hell" as she put it. OK middle income earners were hard hit, but so they should have been along with everyone else.
    She was on the One O Clock show this afternoon and yes you guessed it rudely shouting over the other three other people on the panel, spouting the same inanities that have become her trademark. Mr Gilmore , I beg you, get this wretched woman off our airwaves please, for the good of the nation as a whole.

Attacking the messenger as opposed to the message....

If we were to trace your IP address I wonder would it be located at 65-66 Lower Mount Street?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,407 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

. Vincent Browne is the only pundit who stood up to her and showed her for what she is. Legendary piece of television. Thanks Vincent.

any links to it , did a quick search on youtube but it didnt come up

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Barname wrote: »
    Attacking the messenger as opposed to the message....
    While both the message and messenger are inane and risable, Ill continue to do it.:p
    If we were to trace your IP address I wonder would it be located at 65-66 Lower Mount Street?
    No I'm actually at 17 Ely Place, Dublin 2. Nobodys safe from the dragon.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭leitrim lad

thank god shes not in power is right , we would all have nicknames like

anglo man
    annsbacker man
    and their sons ,

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

My guess is that you don't work or you'd know that this is not the case for any private sector workers.

Except the self-employed, obviously.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

I like Joan Burton, she's not as bad as some other, tbh. She makes her point, and in government today, you need to be loud. You only need to see how little airtime opposition members can get on tv shows to know that you have to shout the loudest.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Can't stand the woman. The economy and the Government finances interest me hugely and having to listen to her nonsense is driving me slowly mad. I can see how she appeals to a certain subset of the population who just feel like ranting about the bankers but honestly for the spokesperson on the economy from the other main Opposition party there's very little actual policy to chew over with her statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Shes pretty poor, certainly doesnt give any confidence she would do any better in government than the current crowd. Vincent Browne made bits of her. I felt sorry for her because she thought she was on to do a few meaningless soundbites about fairness and how bad Fianna Fail were. Instead she got torn to pieces. She was caught on saying there shouldnt be any public servant paycuts ( have to protect the Labour heartland) whilst at the same time trying the populist line of complaining about the high pay of public servants (vote for me!!!).

Fairly pathetic, but its the sort of thing Irish people vote for. Solutions with no pain. Always someone elses problem, never ours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭leitrim lad

she was made bits of alright

but on the upside labour will never be the main party in power ,not in my lifetime anyway thank god

imagine that give every one what they want , and when the kitty runs dry stand down again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

she was made bits of alright

but on the upside labour will never be the main party in power ,not in my lifetime anyway thank god

imagine that give every one what they want , and when the kitty runs dry stand down again

thats funny, you just described Fianna FAIL !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

thats funny, you just described Fianna FAIL !

The vast majority of them are cut from the same cloth. Just the slogans vary.

Advertisement