Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chilcare worker

Options
  • 11-04-2009 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

hello everyone! my name is roberta and I am italian. I love your country! I have been there for 14 times and now I am planning to move to dublin in september. I would like to work in a creche, with babies and toddlers...I really love them, I studied to work in this field and I have a lot of experience with children, in spite of my age(24). I am working in a preschool now and I have got a beautiful relationship with "my" children, and the parents and my colleagues appreciate me sincerely.
    I am not able to judge my level of english; the irish people I know think that I have a very good level, but irish are very kind so I don't know if it's true!!!smile.gif in anycase, I am making every effort to improve it!!!
    so, here what i would like to ask you: do you think it is possible for an italian girl to work in a creche in dublin?
    I know that it's not the right period to leave a permanent job to what I don't know it will be ; recession is everywhere; but I want to try because ireland is part of me!
    thank you!
    ciao!!
    roberta

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Your English seems to be pretty good from what you write here.
    In terms of a job, I am not sure, but I'd think you'd need to have some childcare qualifications to be able to get a job in a creche in the current economic climate. Another option you might want to look into is au-pairing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 VIOLET_

Hi silja, thank you for your reply! You are right, au pairing could be a good start ; I have already considered it; but I would like to send my cv to some crèches because I love planning the activities for large groups and working in team…I think that it could be a good opportunity to grown up professionally; I like to share different methods, thoughts, etc! maybe I am a dreamer, but I think that if you work with passion you can work everywhere…at the same time, I know that I have to be more realistic, and I am willing to start from the beginning! About the qualification, I have a diploma and a degree that in italy permit me to work both with babies and children…and I thought that, as italy is an European country, my qualification could be recognized also in Ireland…do you think I am making a mistake?
    Thank you!! And…Happy Easter!!
    Ciao!
    roberta

Advertisement