Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a few q's on the iphone

• 11-04-2009 9:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

just a few questions on the iphone.

what benefits are there from jailbreaking?

what new features are in the July models that are not in the current models?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

ben2k9 wrote: »
    what benefits are there from jailbreaking?

It allows you install programs that are not in the App Store.
    ben2k9 wrote: »
    what new features are in the July models that are not in the current models?

Since a new model has not been announced, it is impossible to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭ben2k9

thanks.

if i have an 2.2.2 iphone and i want to jailbreak it would i have to unlock it and whats the easiest way of jailbreaking?

do i use cydia for my apps and if so where do i get it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

you're a bit confused.

you don't have to unlock your phone to jailbreak.

to unlock your phone (i.e. to use it on any network) you need to jailbreak it first, then you can unlock it using software that can be installed after you jailbreak it :).

winpwn and quickpwn are the tools to do the jailbreaking job.

cydia gets installed on the phone itself when you jailbreak, and cannot be installed unless you jailbreak as i got the distinct feeling you may have thought you could install it on your pc etc

when you jailbreak you get programs cydia and installer, both do the same thing as apple's app store but has different programs. you can still use the app store on a jailbroken iphone as well just incase you're wondering :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭godskitchen

Really man, do a search on here or on something called Google.

I hate the way people use boards and forums in general as their personal search service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭phill106

Really man, do a search on here or on something called Google.

I hate the way people use boards and forums in general as their personal search service.

heavens yes, you would swear this was a discussion forum or something....

• Advertisement
Advertisement