Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft moderators.

Options
  • 11-04-2009 9:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

I think removing The Master as a moderator of the airsoft forum should be looked in to as it seems he can't moderate the forum with out his personal opinion affecting his moderating decisions.

I've just been banned for 7 days because I reposted my opinion about a gun that in a discussion about that gun. I wasn't warned about reposting it either. The Master continued to delete my post for the simple fact that he disagreed with my opinion in a rather childish and immature manner. There was absolutely nothing wrong with my posts. I was not trolling. I only expressed that the gun posted in the original post looked like it was made of plastic.

Thread is here.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=59790181

This is not the first time moderators of the Airsoft forum have made poor moderating decisions. You can't really express an opinion in the Airsoft forum that differs from theirs with out repercussions. If they can't tolerate a difference in opinion with out abusing the powers they've been given, they simply shouldn't be moderators. The quality of the content of the forum suffers if such moderates are allowed remain in place.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

You reposted material which was deleted. Why should you be warned, what are you, a child? How about you put two and two together and realise if something is getting deleted, don't post it. You don't get to simply ignore a moderator and continue as per usual, if you have a problem with the way you're treated the onus is upon you to initiate recourse proceedings.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Could you please point out where exactly I posted my personal opinion on this topic?
    I have yet to post in that thread.

You posted the same comment 4 times in that thread and as a result the posts were reported and dealt with accordingly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

Boston wrote: »
    You reposted material which was deleted. Why should you be warned, what are you, a child? How about you put two and two together and realise if something is getting deleted, don't post it. You don't get to simply ignore a moderator and continue as per usual, if you have a problem with the way you're treated the onus is upon you to initiate recourse proceedings.
    Actually, my question to the moderator as to why it was deleted was not answered either. There was no reason for me to believe what I was posting had anything wrong with it (due to the fact that there was nothing wrong with it) and would result in me getting banned and I posted it three or four times at most.

Anyway, my banning is besides the point. The simple fact is that that only stemmed from poor moderating in the first place. If The Master had have let my post remain in that thread despite his difference of opinion, I wouldn't have reposted it.

The Master wrote: »
    Could you please point out where exactly I posted my personal opinion on this topic?
    I have yet to post in that thread.

You posted the same comment 4 times in that thread and as a result the posts were reported and dealt with accordingly.
    Maybe you could actually answer my question when I asked what exactly was wrong with my post.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Ass wrote: »
    If The Master had have let my post remain in that thread despite his difference of opinion, I wouldn't have reposted it.

Again I ask where have I stated a difference of opinion on the topic discussed in this thread?

Again I ask where have I stated a difference of opinion on the topic discussed in this thread?
    I felt it safe to assume by the fact there was nothing wrong with my post that you were acting on the basis you felt differently about what I had said. Please tell me what warranted you deleting my posts.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

you posted: It looks like it's made of plastic and came with an Action Man.

Thats not quoted out of context, thats the entire post. Then you proceeded to either

1. Argue with the moderator on the thread which is not allowed because it drags the topic off and turns it into an argument about Moderatorship.

2. Repost something you know has been deleted.

To be honest, and I'm relatively neutral here, your name and sig also dont lend any credance to the idea that your opinions are to be taken seriously.

If it looks like a dog and it barks like a dog, you cant blame someone for putting a leash on it.

DeV.

The only difference of opinion which existed was the master thinking your post deserved to be deleted and you thinking otherwise.

1) You don't ask in thread "Why was my post deleted" thus derailing a thread.
    2) You don't repost a deleted comment.
    3) You don't get to decide what's right and wrong to post.

If you're too god damn intransigent to accept these points, you shouldn't be using this site.

DeVore wrote: »
    you posted: It looks like it's made of plastic and came with an Action Man.

Thats not quoted out of context, thats the entire post. Then you proceeded to either

1. Argue with the moderator on the thread which is not allowed because it drags the topic off and turns it into an argument about Moderatorship.

2. Repost something you know has been deleted.

To be honest, and I'm relatively neutral here, your name and sig also dont lend any credance to the idea that your opinions are to be taken seriously.

If it looks like a dog and it barks like a dog, you cant blame someone for putting a leash on it.

DeV.

poster #1 -posts link to item and starts discussion about it

poster #2 -gives opinion

poster #3 -gives opinion similar to poster #2

poster #4 -gives different opinion

moderator -deletes poster #4s post for trolling with *shock* a difference of opinion to poster #2 and #3

Boston wrote: »
    The only difference of opinion which existed was the master thinking your post deserved to be deleted and you thinking otherwise.

1) You don't ask in thread "Why was my post deleted" thus derailing a thread.
    2) You don't repost a deleted comment.
    3) You don't get to decide what's right and wrong to post.

If you're too god damn intransigent to accept these points, you shouldn't be using this site.
    I would have thought asking why and by whom a post was deleted when it was apparently deleted for no good reason would have been acceptable when a) no excuse or warning is given for deletion and b) no indication of who deleted the post is given for taking it up with that moderator in a private message.

poster #4 -gives different opinion

In your case you posted a comment that you know would annoy and irritate most of the posters in the Airsoft forum.

In your case you posted a comment that you know would annoy and irritate most of the posters in the Airsoft forum.
    I posted that I thought a particular gun looked like it was made of plastic, in a thread about that particular gun. Thank you for taking in to consideration the fragile minds of the posters in Airsoft when you were reviewing my posts, but generally I think they can handle a difference in opinion.

• Advertisement

I would have thought asking why and by whom a post was deleted when it was apparently deleted for no good reason would have been acceptable when a) no excuse or warning is given for deletion and b) no indication of who deleted the post is given for taking it up with that moderator in a private message.

As per the Airsoft charter
    * If you have a problem with an action of the moderators, PM them or take it up on the Admin forum.

You posted on thread about the deletion of your posts, yet another reason I had to delete them

There you go, thinking, mistake number one.

I posted that I thought a particular gun looked like it was made of plastic, in a thread about that particular gun.

No , you posted the same opinion 4 times.
    Thank you for taking in to consideration the fragile minds of the posters in Airsoft when you were reviewing my posts, but generally I think they can handle a difference in opinion.

I would always consider keeping the peace in the forum a major concern of mine.

I would always consider keeping the peace in the forum a major concern of mine.
    If by that you mean eliminating any differences in opinion then yes, I would say that it is a major concern of yours.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

You've had this explained to you. I'm not required to make you like it.

if you have a specific problem, Helpdesk is the proper place.

Thanks.

thread is heading for derailment and will close shortly.

DeV.

My issue is no longer with being banned. Couldn't give a toss. My issue is now only with why my original post was deleted since this is now the correct place and time to discuss it. My issue is also with The Masters lack of warning or explanation when asked.

"The build quality on this gun looks poor, it looks like its made from light plastic, consquently I would be concerned about the feel/heft of it."

That wouldnt have been deleted.

DeV.

DeVore wrote: »
    "The build quality on this gun looks poor, it looks like its made from light plastic, consquently I would be concerned about the feel/heft of it."

That wouldnt have been deleted.

DeV.
    I don't know about that. The Master needs to "keep the peace" you know.

Well thats a great argument, well done. Is that it? Can I close this now?

DeV.

You're post was drivel which didn't meet the exacting standards of the moderator and thus was purged.

• Advertisement

DeVore and I have both explained to you why your post was deleted.

I sent you a PM asking you to stop posting the same comment over and over.
    As soon as I sent it I went back to the thread and you had posted the same comment again.
    Checking the times of the posts and My PM to you tells me you were posting the comment again as I was PMing you

DeVore and I have both explained to you why your post was deleted.

I sent you a PM asking you to stop posting the same comment over and over.
    As soon as I sent it I went back to the thread and you had posted the same comment again.
    Checking the times of the posts and My PM to you tells me you were posting the comment again as I was PMing you
    I had posted my fourth post before having received/read the warning that PM. Before that I thought it was Lemming who had been deleting my posts and was actually going to PM him about it to see why he was doing so. After I finished reading my warning I replied to your warning and once that was sent I returned to my inbox to see a PM informing me of a 7 day ban.

I posted the message, got the warning then got the ban.

I had posted my fourth post before having received/read the warning that PM

So you continued to post a comment that had been deleted without waiting for an explanation?

So you continued to post a comment that had been deleted without waiting for an explanation?
    I waited for an explanation and didn't receive one.

I waited for an explanation and didn't receive one.

You couldn't wait 10 mins for an explanation?

You felt your comment was so important it had to be seen by the Airsoft forum as soon as possible?

You couldn't wait 10 mins for an explanation?

You felt your comment was so important it had to be seen by the Airsoft forum as soon as possible?
    Yep, pretty much.

You also deleted a post of someone who engaged in further discussion with me about the gun.

Done. Closed. Next time wait 10 minutes, now you'll wait 7 days.

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement