Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry Redknapp

Options
  • 11-04-2009 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

In the short time harry has been here we've:

1. Beaten Liverpool (twice)
    2. Beaten Chelsea
    3. Gone from 20th to 8th
    4. Lost 1 league game at home
    5. Not lost to a top 4 side in the league
    6. He's Got Ledley playing regularly

Anyone who still thinks he's a sub-standard, average, 2 bob del-boy chancer,(or simply a prick) really need to revise their views. He has turned around a disgusting situation and given us our respect back.

He's no Bill Nicholson, and I'm sure he'd be the 1st to say that too. But what he is, is a very competant PL manager who knows the game inside out. He knows Spurs is the biggest job he'll ever have and he knows we are his best chance of doing big things in the English game. He is the right man at the right club at the right time.

I'm sure there will be some that will never accept/like him, I will never understand this. These anti-Harry folk seem to me to be a uniquely internet message board based. In my experiences, actual supporters in Tottenahm on match days are behind Harry 100% and acknowledge the improvments he has managed to make through hard work, endever and determination.

So from me and all normal, balanced, honest, non-agenda ridden Tottenahm Hotspur supporters. Thanks Harry, well done on phase 1, mission accomplished, all the very best of luck for phanse 2. If anyone can do it, You can sir.

COYS !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

shane, cant disagree, never mnd the stats fact is we are starting to play like we believe we are the best. harry has brought the best out of the lads, we have the players lets just get rid of the soft centre and we'll be back up there.coys..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

im the biggest anti-harry merchant there is and i have to hand it to him that he has done a decent job... BUT, he still is a wheeler - dealer Iron at heart, id prefer numerous different men at the helm than 'arry and to be honest i think we'll be seeing some dodgey signings throughout the summer... but hats off to the auld twitcher he's turned the season around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 dmcevoy24

Dublin Spur may i compliment your analysis of harry. sums it up really and already im looking forward to qualifying for europa league and next season.

we ve a great spine also Gomes/Cudicini - King - palacios - keane.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

well said Shane,cant believe people can be anti Harry.He has done a great job and i cant wait for phase 2 as you call it,should be interesting next season.Also if we qualify for Europe this season it will be some turnaround and i dont think any other manager would have done that for us.COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Agree with Dublin Spur,Harry has done well for us,so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

dublin spur

i dont particularly like harry redknapp and most likely i wont ever be his biggest fan but thats aimed at him as a person, as a manager i have nothin but the utmost respect for him.

what he did with portsmoth last year was remarkable and well what he did with spurs this season, i cant think of a word that describes it. unbelievable.

when he got the job at spurs fist thing i said to my missus was "he'll keep us up". wasnt expecting what came after.

hats off to u mr. redknapp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Wouldn't it be funny if Juande Ramos wins la liga and Martin Jol wins the Bundesliga this season....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Jol was great i was really disappointed to see him go I really hope he does win it this year. I'm delighted with Redknapp though I thought we'd be doing a last day staying up on goal difference when he came in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

Doesn't matter what anyone thinks of Rednapp. The fact is that he's done the job that was asked of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I was firmly in the hate Redknapp camp too,

TBF to him like positivenote and keane=cock have said he's done a good job for us and I'll tip my hat to him. I never wanted to see Jol go he's showing now how good he really is but the stats don't lie if we just had a bit more consistency we'd be well safe in a top 7 finish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I always give credit where it is due, and there is a lot due to Redknapp. Apart from 10 poor minutes we have been the form team of the last 6 weeks.

What I really like is the fact we are not arsing around with change for changes sake on the field, we have a largely settled team, and the players are starting to show the benefit of playing together week in, week out.

Lets hope that lesson sinks in at board level and we resist any approaches for our better players this summer (Lennon and Modric must be kept)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Honest to god Harry's going to sell 4 or 5 this summer and and bring in two good players to replace them and i think thats all we really need hopefully we'll get a really good midfielder to partner palacios jenas injured half this season

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Yes credit where its due, we have been excellent the last 6 weeks. Lets hope we can kick on and start next season better than this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Wendell Gee

Agree with all the positive comments. Improvement has been steady in terms of controlling games and not leaking goals. Now where we were under Jol in his first season, just missing out on Europe. Commoli must now stand indicted as being responsible for a lot of the chaos that ensued, particularly when you look at the bulk of his buys, and when you look at Jol and Ramos's current high standing. Perhaps Harry's greatest achievement was to come on his own terms- ie, seeing the back of the DOF. Next phase must be to WIN something next season. trophies are as good a platform to entry level to the elite in Europe- look at Seville. Looking at the top four, they all are in the top ten in Europe, and we could have a situation where all the English CL clubs are only beaten by each other.
    Qualifying for Europa cup a must if possible. Extra games, white strip, floodlit games. (jumpers for goalposts, I know). The profile, budget, and extra player capacity involved are essential for any assault on the top 4. I trust harry- but I wouldn't buy a used car off him.

Advertisement