Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wordpress Question - Uploading Images

Options
  • 11-04-2009 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Got a quick question about customizing Wordpress to use as a CMS for my Dad. He's got a website about archaeological artefacts, and has an entry on each site. I did the website in Textpattern a few years ago, but and going to move to Wordpress now cause it seems better by all accounts.

I've never used Wordpress so have a small question about how to upload images the way I want. Here's the wireframe:

irish-sheelas.jpg

I want him to be able to upload images that are associated with a specific artefact. I know you can upload image and place them in-line in the text, but I don't want that. I've previously used Expression Engine to achieve a similar result, but EE isn't suitable for this project.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

p wrote: »
    Hey all,

Got a quick question about customizing Wordpress to use as a CMS for my Dad. He's got a website about archaeological artefacts, and has an entry on each site. I did the website in Textpattern a few years ago, but and going to move to Wordpress now cause it seems better by all accounts.

I've never used Wordpress so have a small question about how to upload images the way I want. Here's the wireframe:

I want him to be able to upload images that are associated with a specific artefact. I know you can upload image and place them in-line in the text, but I don't want that. I've previously used Expression Engine to achieve a similar result, but EE isn't suitable for this project.

Any suggestions?

I would probably look at fiddling around with the custom fields in wordpress you can specify what goes where in your template, and allow your dad to just select the four or five images he wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

I've looked into the custom fields bit, but can't seem to find any nice way of him to select the images as you're suggesting. That would be ideal, do you know how to do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭pauldiv

Have you looked at the NextGen gallery plugin?
    You can create a gallery of images and then insert the gallery straight into a post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Haven't heard of that plugin. I'll check it out - cheers! :)

Advertisement