Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is it too late?

• 11-04-2009 10:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

is this situation retrievable or will i just let it go:

was going out with the long term gf of 5 years. would never ever cheat but there was girl in work i thought i would like to get to know better if i was single, nothing more. anyway last year, broke up with long term gf, i was gutted. a few months after break up started to chat more to this girl from work, emailing etc.... had a feeling she liked me too. so after a couple of months i ask her out one night and she says yes. so go on 5/6 dates. went to cinema, dinner etc and the dates went well....

anyway thing is, i really fecked up with this girl, i kinda think i was on the rebound and trying to replace my ex with this girl. didnt really play the whole "flirting/chasing game" like you should normally, told her drunk one night i really liked her. this was still at an early stage but looking back now i gave off the wrong impressions big time. cringe now looking back. so after a date one night she says maybe we just leave it as mates.....

that was a few months ago. we are still friendly in work, still chat on nights out, email occassionally but nothing like it was before. i still like this girl but i've probably messed up and gave out desperate signs when we where dating. i know she's been on a few dates since, as have i. but would really like to go out with her again. have i missed my chance?

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,927 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

The only way you'll find out is to ask her. Ask her on a couple of dates more as friends, and see if you both feel you'd be able to start something again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

op here, i understand you saying ask her again but i've already been out for a few dates before and then she said maybe it would be better to be mates. so its not like i dont have the courage or am shy about asking her out, we've been through that stage already.

i am fairly confident that she did like me, obviously, if she went on a few dats with me, but i just think i f*cked things up by coming on too strong. we are still talking to each other, still kinda mates. but would i look real stupid to try persue her again having been through a few dates already?

if you's where in my shoes would you walk away or try again?

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,927 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

If I were in your position, and I really liked her, I'd give it another try. I don't think you'd look stupid, just explain to her that you'd really like to take another shot at things, that you understand that you probably came on too strong the last time, and would be happier to take things slower if she'd be interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Did you maybe say something very crude when you were drinking that time that you may not remember saying to her?

Advertisement