Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geographical Ivestigation

Options
  • 11-04-2009 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭

Is there anyone else out there who was giving there handbook for geog and is stuck on it over Easter holidays and don't know what to do??..:confused::confused:
    help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

There's a few threads already on here about it so search them up. What are you stuck on? Have you written it out rough?

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭flag123

Well i have done the draft and my teacher corrected it. he said that i was not explaining why i was doing for e.g( measuring width of river.)..etc
    It has to be in for the 24th which is like a week and a bit...
    what are you investigating in yours???

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I done coastal deposition, finished it the last school day before the holidays started thank God.

Introduction
    Aims and Hypothesis

Planning
    Talk about the equipment you'll be using, why you chose the location (easy to access, we studied an OS map to find it had an extensive beach, we went to the location before we started the investigation to see if it was suitable), etc...

Gathering of Information
    I done it with 3 sub-headings, "purpose" (was are you trying to find out, etc...), "equipment" (just listed the equipment), "method" (a summary as short as I could write out what we done for eachthing).

Conclusions
    What do the results tell us, etc... Don't forget to do graphs and afaik they're all suppose to be different types of graphs for example we done a pie chart, scatter graphy, trend graph, bar chart.

Hope that helps a bit.

Advertisement