Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ADSL Interleaving - Still Set High

Options
  • 11-04-2009 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭

Has anyone's Interleaving been switched back to the low setting that was on all packages before the 2008 upgrades, and that 1Mb customers still enjoy? Mine hasn't, and ping times are still rather high for my liking (40ms to domestic servers).

I pay my bill to UTV but I use an old BT login to access the Internet, as BT's service is a little better than UTV's, but UTV are a little cheaper for standalone broadband.

Anyhow, if anyone who is with an ADSL re-seller ISP has managed to get their ISP to put in a request to Eircom for their Interleaving to be lowered or turned off, could you post here and share with us how you managed to get it done?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

everyone is still on high for everyone afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭mattman

so if im with to eircom 7meg package ill get terrible pings?

im on 3 meg with pings 30-60ms..

havent eircom sorted pings out yet??? with 7 meg package?

m.

Advertisement