Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cookery Classes

Options
  • 12-04-2009 12:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

Could anyone tell me where any cookery classes are held in Galway City? I love all kinds of food especially Mexican and Indian but would be interested in doing any cooking classes..

Any help appreciated!

Also, does anyone know of any dance classes in the city. I've had plent of lessons so would be intermediate level. I'm new to Galway and am hoping this will also help me meet people:)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

The chef at Cobblers (beside Busker Brownes) regurally fo cookery classes. I've never heard any reports about it - good, bad or indifferent.

Also, there's a girl who does a courses for groups of 6 people. My missus did it and I can vouch for it that it is very good. There is a different theme every week for 8ish weeks (Italian, Indian, Asian, Irish, Japanese, French, Greek etc). Three courses are prepared every class and everyone gets fed with the food to. Her name is Sinead tel 087 XXXXXXX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Beetlebum

That sounds deadly, just up my alley...thank you so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭holly8

Sinead's classes are great!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭amy85

where does this girl do the cooking classes? is it from her home or somewhere else. i would be interested in doing some cooking classes aswell..never no what to cook these days. haha..!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭holly8

She has a full commercial kitchen available - within the Galway city/Salthill area. She is Ballymaloe-trained. And with a terrific easy-to-do manner. Well recommended. I know at least 5 people who have done her course and all were raving about it. Sociable night out too as you get to eat what you cook.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Ailishhynes

Hey does anyone have the details for that lady Sineads cooking classes the number on this thread seems to be wrong or does anyone else have any suggestions for cooking classes in Galway. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 301 ✭✭surime

I was looking for any cookery courses few months ago and it looks like there is nothing realy intresting in Galway. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 the_scientist

Sinead's number is 087 xxx. I haven't attended her cooking classes yet but hope to sometime this year, have heard great reports......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Galway Bay Seafood have a Seafood Academy, started up last year. Looks really good, bit pricy on a student budget though... hopefully they'll launch a student-friendly version! They're setup above the fish shop down at the docks.

Chef Ron Pfuhlmann
    http://www.galwaybayseafoods.com/galway-bay-seafood-academy

school3.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭shigg

Did Sinead Johnstone's cookery demo course - very good. Different cuisine for each of 6 nights for around 200euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Hi anyone got any idea for good cookery classes that are cheaper than 200 for 6 nights?? cant afford 200!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭con71

GMIT are advertising a cookery course and baking course in their new evening course prospectus, not sure what's involved, but could be worth checking out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sodjy

contact for sinead in salthill : sinead@love2cook.ie and new website coming shortly www.love2cook.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sinead wrote: »
    contact for sinead in salthill : sinead@love2cook.ie and new website coming shortly www.love2cook.ie
    Thanks Sinead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

BUMP:
    New Galway cookery courses now available:

http://www.love2cook.ie/asp/COOKERY_COURSES.asp

Looks promising.

Advertisement