Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site not displaying correctly over internet

Options
  • 12-04-2009 12:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭

I have a strange problem that I can't figure out. When I view my html files on IE on my PC, I see them as expected, but not when viewed over the internet. Data from previous uploads is displayed, I changed font colour and background colour, but it's not changing, there's also a picture that moves up the page and covers some text, I'm sure I'm not explaining myself very well, but it's difficult to explain.

I'm using Webex5, but I also updated the html file manually and checked if the file was being uploaded correctly, which it was. Anyone got any ideas of what the issue might be or what I could try?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Try clearing your browser cache. Go into Tools on the top menu if you're using Firefox, click on Clear Private Data option and then when the box appears, tick as many boxes as you can, click OK and then refresh your page.

If you're using IE, go into Tools, Internet options and then clear your browsing history...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Noviceman

it's not a browser problem, i've tried on different machines and different browsers with the same end result...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

Might you be forgetting to upload a style sheet (.css)?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Have you created a new sub-folder on the server as a test site to check and see if the files you are uploading are actually being uploaded? Starting on a subfolder would/should get rid of any caching issues afaiu.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 MontyPL

It's difficult to say if I can't see your work. It can be problem with bad links.

Can you show us an example?

Anyway, when I make a website there are always differences with displaing on my PC and online, not mention the differences between the browsers. So my advice is - next time check everything step by step online, and don't use IE for it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement