Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hi-Recommend me some anime!

Options
  • 12-04-2009 12:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭

Ok I just recently finished Code Geass(Was brill)so I need a new anime to watch.I havent watched much, but I hope you can recommend me some good ones.If it made the"I liked" list it means that it was worth watching.

I liked:
    Code Geass-Amazing, I really hated one of the characters though...wasnt one of the main characters though so :D Great plot.

Darker Than Black- This was the first DECENT anime I watched, so I may have a biased opinion as some other people didnt like it.I thought Code Geass and Death Note were better though.

Death Note- I really loved the first series(With L) it lost a little bit of appeal after that as I really hated Mellow/a little bit Nearr

Full Metal Alchemist(Just barely made it on the list, I find both the main characters annoying.)

Bleh, there was another one I thought was good but not amazing.Cant remember the name, it had those girls with pink hair and horns in it o_0, well it just about made this list

Hated:
    Naruto(Stealthy orange suited ninjas...)

Hajime no Ippo(didnt really like the animation, only watched bits of the first episode, it just didnt appeal to me.

Slightly didnt like:
    Bleach(Fillers can kill ANYTHING)

I guess I dont really like these main stream anime cause of the fillers.

Please leave a post!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Mnemosyne is well worth a look, I guess you could compare it with Darker than Black, but with a lot more violence and nudity...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

Here and Here

Some good suggestions in those 2 threads

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

07-Ghost started showing about a week ago and a good fansubber seems to be subbing it (at least the first episode). Don't know that much about it but looks like it could be pretty good and in the same vein as some of the stuff you like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭BertrandMeyer

Battle Programmer Shirase is THE BEST.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭draven3410

Hellsing and Hellsing Ultimate.
    Both start the start. Both end differently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭greyed

Check out gundam 00. Its got a great political backdrop like code geass and big walking tank things of course. I was always sceptical of mechs, seemed a bit power rangers, that changed my mind though.

Im watching code geass atm, very good, 00 is better though :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bonjob

if you're fond of watching
    romantic comedy animes, i recommend
    you to watch lovely complex or special a.
    however, lovely complex don't have a
    nice graphics but it has a good story plot.
    as for the special a, it do have a good graphics
    and a good story plot.
    so just choose one. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

if you can get your hands on it get devilman,I'd also recommend fist of the north star and wildarms.

Advertisement